We want you to be satisfied with every aspect of First ScotRail's service. But we realise that sometimes we might fail to achieve the high standards we set ourselves. In such cases, we make it as easy as possible for you to comment, claim or complain about our services.
Reply paid comments forms are available at staffed stations. See our posters at station or on-train for details of what to do and where to send forms.
We will reply fully within seven working days of receipt. If we fail to achieve this standard we will give £5 in rail vouchers for each failure.
If you think we have failed to meet standards of our own Charter, you can contact:
First ScotRail Customer Relations, PO Box 7030, Fort William PH33 6WX.
Tel 0330 303 0112
Text phone 0845 602 0346
Where we receive complaints about other train operators in error, we will forward the correspondence to the relevant operator and advise the customer we have done so within seven days of receipt.
As well as failing to fulfil our Charter obligations, we will also consider claims for delays, disruptions or poor service. The limit for compensation (other than personal injury) is £1,000.
Please note, claims in cases where trains are delayed for reasons outwith the control of the railway industry cannot be accepted. Examples of this include:
- Acts or anticipated threats of vandalism or terrorism
- Suicides, or accidents to trespassers
- Gas leaks or fires in track-side buildings or embankments which are not caused by the rail industry, its employees or agents
- Line closures at the request of police or emergency services
- Exceptionally severe weather conditions which similarly affect other modes of transport.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your claim or complaint, you have the right to appeal to an independent body called Passenger Focus. You can contact them at: