Kids Go Free
Start planning your family days out with our great value Kids Go Free ticket. Travel off-peak any day of the week and up to two children aged 5-15 can travel free with each adult.
You can use your Kids Go Free return ticket on longer journeys for up to a month and you don’t have to book in advance, so it’s perfect for family holidays, impromptu day trips or fun weekends away. Take a look at some of our great ideas for an exciting kids' day out.
With a Kids Go Free ticket you can also get one free child entry to some of Scotland’s most popular attractions. Find out where with our fantastic Kids Go Free Deals.
To book your Kids Go Free ticket buy online, call 0344 811 0141, or pop into your local staffed station.
- You can travel anytime at the weekend and on off-peak trains Monday to Friday
- For longer distance trips you can return up to one month later
- Off-peak generally means after 9.15am (9.00am for journeys in Strathclyde) with some additional restrictions in the evening peak
- Restrictions may apply on other operators' services
- Not valid on the Cross Country services from Edinburgh to Aberdeen at 18:11 on Saturday and 18:13 on Sunday
- Not valid on Virgin Trains East Coast services on Sundays between Edinburgh and Dundee after 15:45, but is valid for longer journeys from Edinburgh to Montrose and beyond
- Free travel for kids (aged 5-15) for great value family travel
- Available off-peak all week, all year round - even in the school holidays
- Return up to one month later on longer distance trips
- No need to book in advance
- Free entry for kids at some of Scotland's biggest attractions
- Buy tickets online
- Call ScotRail Telesales on 0344 811 0141
- From a ticket vending machine at stations
- From a kiosk at one of our staffed stations
- On the train when you board at a station with no booking facilities
The amount you save depends on where you're travelling and how many children are travelling with you. One adult travelling with two kids can save anywhere between £2.30 and £54.40.
The Kids Go Free ticket is available for Standard Class travel on all routes in Scotland and on all operators' services.
No. You can get a Kids Go Free ticket for immediate travel or book in advance. It's up to you.
No. You cannot use a railcard or receive further child discounts with this offer.
Yes, if you let us know before the date of outward travel and your ticket is unused. This is subject to a £10 administration fee.
Yes. You can change your travel plans before the outward journey for a £10 administration fee.
No. You cannot break your journey other than for connectional purposes.
- One child will be admitted free to the attractions on presentation of a valid Kids Go Free ticket, when accompanied with a full paying adult
- Free entry is not valid with adult admission tickets purchased in advance
- This offer is only available on the date shown on the ticket and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer
- Although our Kids Go Free ticket is available all year round, some attractions may operate seasonally so please check opening hours