Kids Go Free
Plan a family adventure with Kids Go Free.
With a Kids Go Free ticket, travel off-peak any day of the week and up to two children aged 5-15 can travel free with each adult.
You can use your return ticket on longer journeys for up to a month and you don’t have to book in advance, so it’s perfect for family holidays, impromptu day trips or fun weekends away.
Kids Go Free deals
Get one free child entry to some of Scotland’s most popular attractions when you travel with a Kids Go Free ticket. From Edinburgh Zoo to Glasgow's Snow Factor, check below for the incredible places you can visit and enjoy great value days out, all year round.
Discover Abbotsford, the home of Sir Walter Scott, on the banks of the River Tweed in the Scottish Borders.Closest station: Tweedbank
Camera Obscura & World of Illusions
Step inside a mysterious Victorian rooftop chamber for live moving images of Edinburgh projected through a giant periscope.Closest station: Edinburgh
Cruise Loch Lomond
Cruise Loch Lomond operates a fleet of seven vessels offering a variety of cruises in the heart of the National Park.Closest station: Arrochar & Tarbet
Deep Sea World
Explore the UK’s longest underwater viewing tunnel, find Scotland's largest collection of sharks, and experience the seal sanctuary.Closest station: North Queensferry
Visit Captain Scott's ship and find out how the crew survived trapped in the Antarctic ice for over two years.Closest station: Dundee
Dundee Science Centre
Bring science to life with hands-on interactive exhibits and live shows, dramatic science demonstrations and shows.Closest station: Dundee
Visit the UK’s only koalas, the fantastic ‘Penguins Rock’ and of course, giant pandas Tian Tian and Yang Guang.Closest station: South Gyle
Discover Scotland’s largest inhabited castle and explore its surroundings on a woodland or riverside walk.Closest station: Galashiels
Highland Wildlife Park
Home to around 200 fantastic animals including the UK’s only polar bears, snow monkeys, Amur tigers and two wolverines.Closest station: Kingussie
Loch Lomond SEA LIFE Aquarium
Explore an amazing underwater world and get up close to over 1,500 creatures, including Scotland's only Giant Green Sea Turtle.Closest station: Balloch
Start your adventure...
- Buy Kids Go Free tickets online
- Call us on 0344 811 0141
- Buy from a ticket vending machine
- Or pop into the ticket office at any staffed station
Please note: Kids Go Free tickets are no longer valid on ANY Cross Country services. They're also not valid on East Coast services on Sundays between Edinburgh and Dundee after 15:45, but are allowed for longer East Coast journeys from Edinburgh to Montrose and beyond.
- You can travel anytime at the weekend and on off-peak trains Monday to Friday
- For longer distance trips you can return up to one month later
- Off-peak generally means after 09:15 (09:00 for journeys in Strathclyde) with some additional restrictions in the evening peak
- Restrictions may apply on other operators' services
- Not valid on ANY Cross Country services
- Not valid on Virgin Trains East Coast services on Sundays between Edinburgh and Dundee after 15:45, but is valid for longer journeys from Edinburgh to Montrose and beyond
- Free travel for kids (aged 5-15) for great value family travel
- Available off-peak all week, all year round - even in the school holidays
- Return up to one month later on longer distance trips
- No need to book in advance
- Free entry for kids at some of Scotland's biggest attractions
- Buy tickets online
- Call ScotRail Telesales on 0344 811 0141
- From a ticket vending machine at stations
- From a kiosk at one of our staffed stations
- On the train when you board at a station with no booking facilities
The amount you save depends on where you're travelling and how many children are travelling with you. One adult travelling with two kids can save anywhere between £2.30 and £54.40.
The Kids Go Free ticket is available for Standard Class travel on all routes in Scotland and on all operators' services, with the exception of Cross Country services.
Kids Go Free tickets are not valid on East Coast services on Sundays between Edinburgh and Dundee after 15:45, but are allowed for longer East Coast journeys from Edinburgh to Montrose and beyond.
No. You can get a Kids Go Free ticket for immediate travel or book in advance. It's up to you.
No. You cannot use a railcard or receive further child discounts with this offer.
Yes, if you let us know before the date of outward travel and your ticket is unused. This is subject to a £10 administration fee.
Yes. You can change your travel plans before the outward journey for a £10 administration fee.
No. You cannot break your journey other than for connectional purposes.
- One child will be admitted free to the attractions on presentation of a valid Kids Go Free ticket, when accompanied with a full paying adult
- Free entry is not valid with adult admission tickets purchased in advance
- This offer is only available on the date shown on the ticket and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer
- Although our Kids Go Free ticket is available all year round, some attractions may operate seasonally so please check opening hours