Freedom of Scotland Travelpass
The Freedom of Scotland Travelpass allows you to travel across the whole of Scotland. From Glasgow to Thurso and Aberdeen to Oban, you decide where and when you want to travel.
Choose from four days unlimited travel over eight consecutive days for £134.00, or eight days unlimited travel over 15 consecutive days for £179.70.
With unlimited train travel, you can just sit back, relax and enjoy the stunning views as you explore Scotland.
You can buy a Freedom of Scotland Travelpass from a ticket office at a staffed station or over the phone on 0344 811 0141.
Or you can buy online
With a Freedom of Scotland Travelpass you can visit stunning destinations all around Scotland, including:
- You get four days unlimited travel over eight consecutive days
- Or you can travel for eight out of 15 consecutive days
- £134.00 for eight days
- £179.70 for 15 days
With a Freedom of Scotland Travelpass you get:
- Unlimited train travel in Scotland to/from Carlisle and Berwick-upon-Tweed with ScotRail, Virgin, Cross Country, East Coast and First TransPennine Express
- 10% discount on standard fares with the Strathspey Steam Railway
- 10% off Keith & Dufftown Railway standard fares
- £1 off standard fares with Bo'ness and Kinneil Railway (excludes Thomas Days Out)
- Travel free with Caledonian MacBrayne on all ferry routes in Scotland
- Travel between Gourock and Dunoon with Argyll Ferries
- Get 20% off these Northlink Ferries journeys when Seated Standard tickets are purchased on the day of travel:
- Scrabster - Stromness
- Aberdeen - Lerwick
- Aberdeen - Kirkwall - Lerwick
- 20% discount on standard fares with Sweeney Cruises (Loch Lomond)
- 10% discount on standard fares with Jacobite Cruises (Loch Ness)
- Travel on the following routes with Scottish Citylink and West Coast Motors:
- Oban/Fort William - Inverness
- Oban - Campbeltown
- Kyle of Lochalsh - Uig
- Inverness - Ullapool
- Travel with Stagecoach East Scotland and Stagecoach in the Highlands on the following routes:
- Dundee/Leuchars - St Andrews
- Services on the Isle of Skye
- Wick - John O'Groats
- Thurso - John O'Groats
- Thurso - Scrabster
- Travel with First Scotland East on the following routes:
- Melrose - Galashiels - Peebles - Edinburgh
- Carlisle - Langholm - Hawick - Galashiels - Edinburgh
- Get a 10% discount on Single and Day Return tickets with D & E Coaches between Inverness and Durness
- £1 off adult and concession tickets with City Sightseeing Glasgow
- £1 off adult and concession tickets with The Edinburgh Bus Tour
- 1£ off adult and concession tickets with City Sightseeing Inverness
- Anytime over the weekend and Monday to Friday on trains departing after 09.15
- There are no restrictions on the following routes:
- Glasgow Queen Street - Oban/Fort William/Mallaig
- Inverness - Kyle/Wick/Thurso
- Glasgow Central - Stranraer
- Direct services from Lockerbie to Carlisle, Carstairs, Motherwell or Glasgow Central
No, there's no need to book in advance.
No, not at all.
No, Travelpasses are flexible so you don't need a reservation.
Yes, for 16-25, Senior and Disabled Persons Railcard holders.
Yes, there's a 50% discount for children aged 5-15 and under 5's travel free.
No, not with a Travelpass.
Yes, you can get a refund for a £10 administration fee for each unused ticket given back to us before the date of travel.
Yes, you have unlimited travel, but you can't change the travel validity period of travel passes.
Yes, you have the freedom to break up your journey as long as your Travelpass is still valid.