Spirit of Scotland Travelpass
Go explore with the Spirit of Scotland Travelpass.
The Spirit of Scotland Travelpass allows you to travel across the whole of Scotland. From Glasgow to Thurso and Aberdeen to Oban, you decide where and when you want to travel.
- Four days unlimited travel over eight consecutive days for £134.00
- Eight days unlimited travel over 15 consecutive days for £179.70
With train, ferry and coach travel covering the whole country, you can just sit back, relax and enjoy the stunning views as you explore Scotland.
You can buy the Spirit of Scotland Travelpass from a ticket office at any staffed station, over the phone on 0344 811 0141 or complete our online form.
If you're travelling from outside the UK, select 'overseas customers' to buy online from BritRail.
Offers to take you the length and breadth of Scotland...
With a Spirit of Scotland Travelpass you get:
- Free train travel in Scotland to/from Carlisle and Berwick-upon-Tweed with ScotRail, Virgin, Cross Country, East Coast and First TransPennine Express (peak-time restrictions apply to selected lines)
- Free ferry travel with Caledonian MacBrayne on all routes in Scotland and between Gourock and Dunoon with Argyll Ferries
- 20% off Northlink Ferries journeys between Scrabster – Stromness, Aberdeen – Lerwick and Aberdeen – Kirkwall – Lerwick
- Free coach travel on selected routes with Scottish Citylink, Stagecoach and First Bus including Argyll, Skye, the Borders and Northern Highlands
You also receive:
- 10% off Strathspey Steam Railway and Keith & Dufftown Railway, and £1 off Bo’ness & Kinneil Railway standard fares
- 20% off Sweeney’s Loch Lomond Cruises, 15% off Cruise Loch Lomond, and 10% off Jacobite Loch Ness Cruises
- £1 off standard fares on City bus tours of Glasgow, Edinburgh and Inverness
There are two options to choose from:
- Get four days unlimited travel over eight consecutive days
- Or travel for eight out of 15 consecutive days
You can visit stunning destinations all around Scotland with unlimited train travel, and journeys by coach, bus and ferry.
Check out our Explore Scotland pages for inspiration, including:
With a Spirit of Scotland Travelpass you get:
- Unlimited train travel in Scotland to/from Carlisle and Berwick-upon-Tweed with ScotRail, Virgin, Cross Country, East Coast and First TransPennine Express
- 10% discount on standard fares with the Strathspey Steam Railway
- 10% off Keith & Dufftown Railway standard fares
- £1 off standard fares with Bo'ness and Kinneil Railway (excludes Thomas Days Out)
- Travel on the following routes with Scottish Citylink and West Coast Motors:
- Oban/Fort William - Inverness
- Oban - Campbeltown
- Kyle of Lochalsh - Uig
- Inverness - Ullapool
- Travel with Stagecoach East Scotland and Stagecoach in the Highlands on the following routes:
- Dundee/Leuchars - St Andrews
- Services on the Isle of Skye
- Wick - John O'Groats
- Thurso - John O'Groats
- Thurso - Scrabster
- Travel with First Scotland East on the following routes:
- Melrose - Galashiels - Peebles - Edinburgh
- Carlisle - Langholm - Hawick - Galashiels - Edinburgh
- Get a 10% discount on Single and Day Return tickets with D & E Coaches between Inverness and Durness
- £1 off adult and concession tickets with City Sightseeing Glasgow
- £1 off adult and concession tickets with The Edinburgh Bus Tour
- £1 off adult and concession tickets with City Sightseeing Inverness
- Travel free with Caledonian MacBrayne on all ferry routes in Scotland
- Travel between Gourock and Dunoon with Argyll Ferries
- Get 20% off these Northlink Ferries journeys when Seated Standard tickets are purchased on the day of travel:
- Scrabster - Stromness
- Aberdeen - Lerwick
- Aberdeen - Kirkwall - Lerwick
- 20% discount on standard fares with Sweeney Cruises (Loch Lomond)
- 10% discount on standard fares with Jacobite Cruises (Loch Ness)
You can travel anytime over the weekend, and from Monday to Friday you can travel on trains departing after 09.15.
There are no restrictions on the following routes:
- Glasgow Queen Street - Oban/Fort William/Mallaig
- Inverness - Kyle/Wick/Thurso
- Glasgow Central - Stranraer
- Direct services from Lockerbie to Carlisle, Carstairs, Motherwell or Glasgow Central
No, there's no need to book in advance.
No, not at all.
No, Travelpasses are flexible so you don't need a reservation.
Yes, for 16-25, Senior and Disabled Persons Railcard holders.
Yes, there's a 50% discount for children aged 5-15 and under 5's travel free.
No, you can't upgrade to First Class on any of our travel passes.
Yes, you can get a refund, subject to a £10 administration fee, for each unused ticket given back to us before the date of travel.
Yes, you have unlimited travel, but you can't change the travel validity period of travel passes.
Yes, you have the freedom to break up your journey as long as your travelpass is still valid.