With combined travel tickets, discounts and dedicated bus services, buying a ticket with ScotRail is a simple and convenient way to get to your airport.
We make it as easy as possible to get to Scotland's main airports by rail and bus. Sometimes we join up with the airlines to offer free rail travel to certain flight destinations. Check with station staff or visit this page to see if there is an offer for your journey.
Airlink tickets combine rail and bus travel into one ticket to save you time. You can use Airlink tickets in Scotland to reach Glasgow or Edinburgh airports.
Contact our Telesales team on 0344 811 0141 or pop into a staffed station to buy your Airlink ticket.
Getting to Glasgow Airport
- From Ayrshire or Inverclyde: Catch the train to Paisley Gilmour Street and get the frequent bus link from there to Glasgow Airport
- From north-west Glasgow, Milngavie, Dumbarton, Helensburgh and the West Highlands: Catch the train to Partick - from there a frequent bus service operates to Glasgow Airport
- From other parts of Scotland, including Edinburgh and the Central Belt: Catch a train to Glasgow Central or Glasgow Queen Street - a frequent express bus link operates to Glasgow Airport from both stations
Getting to Edinburgh Airport
You can get the tram direct from Edinburgh city centre to the airport. Simply change at Haymarket, Edinburgh Waverley or Edinburgh Park for tram services to the airport. An express bus service is also provided from Haymarket and Edinburgh Waverley.
From Fife, Dundee and points north, catch a train to Inverkeithing. From there a frequent express bus link operates to Edinburgh Airport.
We run a frequent train service throughout the day to Prestwick International Airport station. What's more, you can get a 50% discount at a staffed ticket office when buying your ticket, if you present one of the following:
- Flight ticket
- Original invoice (photocopies not accepted)
- Downloaded booking confirmation, plus photo ID (email confirmation is not accepted)
Please note that you can't get this discount online or over the phone as you'll need to present one of the above documents for inspection.
We offer a PLUSBUS service from Aberdeen city centre to the airport. If you buy Aberdeen PLUSBUS with your train ticket, this service is no extra cost to you.
We offer a regular train service from Aberdeen and Inverness to Dyce, the nearest station to the airport. There are also direct trains from Glasgow and Edinburgh and a shuttle bus between Dyce station and the airport. This is timed to meet train arrivals and takes 10-15 minutes to reach the airport.
Inverness Airport is served by local buses from Inverness city centre, departing from Strothers Lane, close to Inverness railway station.