More stations, more routes - the next generation of rail ticketing is now being rolled out across our network. It's fast, efficient and incorporates SMART technology which is easy to use and a simpler way to travel.
A Smartcard is the size of a normal debit card and contains an electronic chip which allows rail tickets to be stored and read electronically.
Smartcards are a more convenient way of delivering rail ticketing. The technology is already being used by other transport operators, most noticeably in the UK through the London Underground Oyster Card.
We successfully introduced Smartcard for Season Ticket holders on the Edinburgh - Glasgow Queen Street via Falkirk High route in 2010. We now want to ensure many more Season Ticket customers can benefit from this new form of rail ticketing.
Where else can I use a Smartcard?
Season ticket customers can use Smartcards on all ScotRail services between Glasgow Queen Street/Edinburgh and Stirling/Alloa/Dunblane; and between Glasgow Central and Ayr/Ardrossan.
Please see our route map showing where Season Ticket customers can benefit from Smartcard ticketing.
What are the benefits of a Smartcard?
- Durable - Smartcards are made from plastic so they are harder wearing than paper. This means they last longer and are less likely to fail at ticket gates.
- Faster - getting around stations is faster because Smartcards operate ticket gates at key stations. Less queuing.
- Convenient - Smartcard Season Tickets purchased online can be collected (downloaded) as you travel, even from the ticket gates as you pass through the station.
- Transparent - Smartcard customers can access their account online showing recent journeys and transactions.
Interested? visit our Smartcard site to find out more.
I already have a Season Ticket - can I transfer this to my new Smartcard?
Yes. We can arrange for the transfer of your current Season Ticket as part of your application process. See the FAQ link below for more details on this.
Sounds interesting. How do I get a Smartcard?
There are 3 simple ways to apply for one:
- Online through this website. Use the link below to apply.
- By phone. Call our Smartcard Team on 0845 675 0892.
- Pick up an application pack at participating ScotRail stations.
You can apply for your own personal Smartcard immediately by clicking here and completing the simple application form and uploading a passport-style photograph. This should only take a few minutes.
Things you should know when applying online
During the application process we will ask you for a few personal details such as name, address and email.
- Compulsory information is marked with an asterisk.
- You will need to upload a clear, head and shoulders photograph of yourself to complete your application. This needs to be of passport standard and no bigger than 1Mb in size.
- Before your application can be processed, you will receive an email from email@example.com which will invite you to validate your application. Your application cannot be processed until you have done this. Please make sure this email address is in your whitelist or address book to avoid it ending up in your spam folder.
- Processing times vary but you should expect to receive your Smartcard within 7 working days along with details on how to use it.
For more Frequently Asked Question about Smartcard, click here.