Discover the benefits of Club 55
Besides being able to book return travel anywhere in Scotland for just £19, here's what you need to know about Club 55.
What are the benefits?
- Great value fare.
- Flexible - no need to book in advance.
- Scotland wide travel.
Which routes can I travel on?
- Club 55 is available for Standard Class travel between any two stations in Scotland.
- Club 55 is also valid for travel from most stations in Scotland to and from Carlisle or Berwick-Upon Tweed. (Limited availability to/from Berwick-Upon-Tweed on CrossCountry services only)
- Not valid for travel between Carlisle and Berwick-Upon-Tweed.
Which train operators' services can I travel on?
- Club 55 is valid for travel on ScotRail, CrossCountry, TransPennine Express and Virgin Trains services.
- Club 55 is NOT valid on East Coast, Caledonian Sleeper or private charter services.
When can I travel?
- All outward travel must be completed between 1 May and 30 June 2014.
- Your ticket is valid for return travel up to one month from the date of outward travel.
- Reservations for both outward and return travel must be made at time of purchase.
Are there any restrictions?
Monday to Friday you can travel on all services except:
- Those arriving into Glasgow Queen Street, Glasgow Central, Edinburgh Waverley, Haymarket, Dundee or Aberdeen before 0930.
- Those departing Glasgow Queen Street, Glasgow Central, Edinburgh Waverley or Haymarket between 1643 and 1810.
- The 1815 Edinburgh Waverley to Glasgow Queen Street and 1815 Glasgow Queen Street to Edinburgh Waverley services.
At the weekend, you can travel on all services except:
- The Cross Country services from Edinburgh to Aberdeen at 1811 on Saturday and 1813 on Sunday.
Please note: Club 55 is not available on East Coast services.
Do I need to book in advance?
No, you do not need to book in advance.
Is the ticket subject to availability?
No, the ticket is not subject to availability.
Do I need to make a reservation?
Reservations for Club 55 are optional and can be made on request.
Do Railcard discounts apply?
- Senior Railcard and Disabled Persons Railcard holders over the age of 55 get an extra £2 off Club 55 fares.
- Club 55 cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
Do child discounts apply?
No, no child discounts apply.
Can I get a refund?
A full refund is available on unused Club 55 tickets before the date of outward travel, subject to a £10 administration fee.
Can I make a change to my travel plans?
- You cannot change your date of outward travel once the ticket has been purchased.
- Your return travel can be made any time within one month from outward travel date.
Can I break my journey?
You cannot break your journey other than for connectional purposes.