We've launched a new online booking engine
From Thursday 15 November, you'll notice a few differences when buying train tickets with us which will make it easier to find the cheapest fares.
Our new online booking system also makes buying tickets over the internet quicker and easier than ever before.
- A clearer view of the cheapest ticket for your journey
- All our products including Bargain Berths, Rovers and Flexipasses on one site
- Options to filter results to see only First or Standard class fares
- eGift vouchers for you or to gift to a friend
- The ability to save journeys for later
- It’s easy to choose two singles or a return ticket and then mix and match between First and Standard class in either direction
- There’s a live online chat area for instant answers from a member of staff
- The ability to quickly see the relationships between fares and the trains they’re valid on
- You can quickly build up a view of a whole day’s services to get a complete picture of the options available.
Already have a booking account with us?
We’ve made every effort to ensure a smooth switchover to the new system. Existing customers’ account details – including usernames and passwords – remain active and travel preferences and transaction history remain available.
The same range of tickets for train journeys across the UK remain available – including our great value advance purchase tickets. Any tickets purchased through the previous system remain valid.
Booking with our mobile app
You are also able to buy tickets and check live train times through our mobile app. Simply text ScotRail to 86688 or you can download it here if you’re viewing this on your phone.
It’s a big change but one that we feel offers you more options and a better online booking experience.
If you have any difficulties using the new service, Help facilities are available. These include a ‘web chat‘ advice service – just click the buttons offered.
A full Web Support service is also available by calling 0344 556 5636.