Extra carriages and services for Eminem concert
The ScotRail Alliance will put on more services and extra carriages for Eminem fans heading to and from the rapper’s gig at Bellahouston Park on Thursday, 24 August.
To help customers get home, extra carriages will be added to a number of services on the Paisley Canal route, which will be supplemented by additional services between Dumbreck and Glasgow Central.
Additional carriages will also be added to late night trains from Glasgow to Kilmarnock, East Kilbride, Gourock and Ayr, meaning more seats for customers.
In order to free up extra carriages for the busy concert, from 10pm onwards trains on the Paisley Canal route will only run between Glasgow Central and Dumbreck. Replacement buses will operate between Glasgow Central and Paisley Canal, calling at all stations.
Extra staff will be on hand to make sure everything goes smoothly, and a queueing system will be in place at Dumbreck station after the gig.
Top five tips for travelling to the gig
- Buy your ticket before you board. You’ll need a valid ticket for travel, and barriers may be in place.
- Check your train times. Remember to leave time to catch any connecting services that you need.
- Listen up! We’ll have extra staff on the ground to help things go smoothly. To help them help you, please listen to their instructions.
- Download the ScotRail app. You can use it to buy tickets, check train times, and see live service information.
- Don’t leave it too late – services will be busy, and you might not be able to board your first choice of train.
Rob Shorthouse, ScotRail Alliance communications director, said: “We all hope that everyone going to see Eminem has a great time. We are putting on extra services and more carriages to help people get to and from the concert hassle free.
“But our services will be very busy, so people should plan their journeys in advance by visiting scotrail.co.uk or downloading the ScotRail app to buy a ticket before travelling. Please make your way to the station as soon as you can after the concert, as the last trains of the night will be leaving soon after.”
Services from Dumbreck to Glasgow Central after the concert:
2246, 2305, 2324 (bus), 2327, 2346, 2355 (bus)
Last trains from Glasgow Central to:
- Ardrossan - 2345
- Ayr – 0015
- East Kilbride – 2317
- Gourock - 2350
- Kilmarnock - 2313
- Paisley Canal – 2312 (replacement bus, last train at 2142)
- Paisley Gilmour St – 0015
- Lanark - 2320
- Largs – 2315
- Larkhall - 2320
- Wemyss Bay – 2236