ScotRail adds extra seats in support of Armed Forces Day
ScotRail is providing more seats on trains to and from Stirling for Armed Forces Day.
Armed Forces Day will be held in Stirling on Saturday 30 June, and to help people travel to the city, ScotRail is adding extra carriages to its trains.
Longer trains will run between Glasgow / Edinburgh and Stirling / Dunblane / Alloa throughout the day.
ScotRail has issued advice to help customers’ journeys run smoothly:
- Buy your ticket before you board. You’ll need a valid ticket for travel, and checks will be in place at many stations.
- Check your train times. Remember to leave time to catch any connecting services that you need.
- Listen up! We’ll have extra staff on the ground to help things go smoothly. To help them help you, please listen to their instructions.
- Download the ScotRail app. You can use it to buy tickets, check train times, and see live service information.
- Don’t leave it too late – services will be busy, and you might not be able to board your first choice of train.
ScotRail Head of Customer Experience Graham Heald said:
“We’re proud to play our part in Armed Forces Day - it’s important that we support those who serve our country, past and present.
“To help the day run smoothly, we’re adding more seats on trains to and from the city, although trains will still be busy.
“Make sure to check your train times on our website or app and leave plenty of time for travel. Buying tickets in advance will also help reduce your queuing time.”