ScotRail is looking forward to playing its part in helping visitors and athletes travel around Glasgow and beyond during this weekend’s European Athletics Indoor Championships.
As one of the sponsors of the championships, ScotRail has been providing promotional support, with various hotspots in Glasgow receiving a new look with branding that includes some of Scotland’s favourite athletes.
Some of the world’s leading athletes will descend on Glasgow’s Emirates Arena between 1 – 3 March, as the Championships return to the iconic city for the first time since 1990. There will be 650 athletes from more than 45 nations setting their sights on glory.
To help keep customers moving on Sunday 3 March, during the final day of the Championships, there will be additional services through Dalmarnock – with the station also opening earlier and closing later to allow the trains to run.
ScotRail has reminded customers of the tips for travelling during major events:
- Buy a ticket before boarding. A valid ticket for travelling is needed, and barriers may be in place.
- Check train times. Remember to leave time to catch any connecting services.
- Listen up! Staff will help to keep things running smoothly – listen to their instructions.
- Download the ScotRail app. It can be used to buy tickets, check train times, and see live service information.
- Don’t leave it too late – services will be busy, and it might not be possible to board the first available.
ScotRail Head of Commercial Development Peter O’Connell said:
“We are delighted to partner such a prestigious sporting event which will attract visitors from all over Europe.
“Throughout the year, we regularly support major events and we are looking forward to be once again playing an important role in helping people travel to and from Glasgow.”