Luxury you can get onboard with.
Travel in extra comfort on our First Class services, with plenty more legroom and free refreshments.
For the best deals on First Class tickets, buy in Advance before you board. You can also buy or upgrade to First Class at ticket offices or onboard. See below for our current upgrade offers.
- Extra space and comfort
- Free drinks and snacks on shorter journeys, plus free breakfasts, soups or sandwiches on longer journeys
- Fully flexible tickets options available
What you need to know
- Available on a range of routes across our network
- Some restrictions on when you can travel may apply. See all the facts below
- You can make changes or get a refund to your ticket. A £10 admin fee applies
How to buy
- From ticket offices at staffed stations
- From ticket vending machines
- Upgrades available on some routes, both on-train and from ticket offices
Edinburgh - Glasgow Express Services
- You can upgrade single tickets on weekdays for just £6 each way, or on weekends for just £5 each way
- You can upgrade your weekly ticket for just £27
- You can upgrade on weekends for just £10 each way
All upgrades are available from ticket offices or from your conductor onboard. Upgrades subject to availability.
On Inter7City routes you can book Advance for our best value First Class fares, including Edinburgh - Aberdeen for just £45. Advance savings are available up to 12 weeks before you travel.
For more on ScotRail Inter7City, click here.
Use it on
Any ScotRail routes with First Class accommodation. First Class Anytime Day tickets are only available on Edinburgh to Glasgow routes with First Class accommodation.
When it's valid
- With a First Class Anytime Single, outward travel is valid for two days from the date shown on your outward ticket.
- With a First Class Anytime Return, outward travel is valid for five days from the date shown on your outward ticket, and return travel must be made within one month from the date on your outward ticket.
- With a First Class Anytime Day, outward and return travel must be made on the date shown on the ticket.
You don't need to reserve a seat, but reservations are available on some longer distance services.
Our First Class areas don't have wheelchair accommodation or wheelchair access to accessible toilets. To travel in First Class, wheelchair users would need to be able to transfer to a seat.
Standard Railcard discounts apply for Senior and Disabled Persons Railcard holders.
There's a 50% discount for children aged 5-15 and under 5's travel free.
Refunds can be made on unused tickets up to 28 days after the expiry of ticket. A £10 admin fee applies.
Changes to your travel plans
You can change your travel plans before the outward journey. A £10 admin fee applies.
Breaking your journey
You can break your journey at stations along the route you're travelling.