First Class £1 E-G Upgrade
Experience First Class from just £1 each way
From 2 January until 31 January 2020, you can upgrade to First Class for £1 each way on Edinburgh - Glasgow eXpress services via Falkirk High.
Travel like a VIP with extra legroom, larger seats and complimentary refreshments* onboard our Class 385 First Class carriages.
- Extra space
- Plug sockets at every seat
- A blind for those sunny winter days, or when you'd rather not see the Scottish weather
- Free drinks and snacks*
What you need to know
- £1 each way or £2 for return journey
- Travel between 2 - 31 January 2020
- Only available on Edinburgh - Glasgow eXpress services via Falkirk High
- Valid on Anytime Day Return/Single or Off-Peak Day Return/Single tickets
- Catering is subject to on board availability
- Refunds are not available on tickets bought or upgraded onboard
How to buy
- From ticket offices at staffed stations
- From ticket vending machines
- On-train when boarding at a station where no booking facilities are available
*Free refreshments onboard are subject to availability of the onboard hospitality trolley. However, customers can get complimentary tea, coffee or water, plus crisps or a biscuit from Glasgow Queen Street Coffee Cart before or after their journey.
Use it on
Any Edinburgh - Glasgow eXpress service via Falkirk High. Also valid from intermediate stations along this route.
When it's valid
Outward and return travel is valid on the date specified on the ticket only.
Seat reservations are not available on this route.
Our First Class areas don't have wheelchair accommodation or wheelchair access to accessible toilets. To travel in First Class, wheelchair users would need to be able to transfer to a seat.
Standard Railcard discounts apply for Senior and Disabled Persons Railcard holders.
There's a 50% discount for children aged 5-15 and under 5's travel free.
Refunds can be made on unused tickets up to 28 days after the expiry of ticket. A £10 admin fee applies.
Changes to your travel plans
You can change your travel plans before the outward journey. A £10 admin fee applies.
Breaking your journey
You can break your journey at stations along the route you're travelling.