Keeping trains and stations clean
We’ve changed our cleaning regime to focus on the types of cleaning that best combat the spread of Coronavirus.
We are continuing to operate a revised timetable to keep those making necessary journeys moving. Reducing the number of services we are running has created opportunities for additional cleaning activities in our depots, on trains and in stations. At the heart of this operation is our Train Presentation Team, who are going above and beyond to keep Scotland's Railway clean during the Coronavirus pandemic. Here's some of the steps we're taking -
- Our cleaning regime is focussed on the types of cleaning that best combat the spread of COVID-19 – focussed cleaning on key customer touch points on trains like grab rails, door buttons, tables, arm rests, taps, toilets and sink surfaces
- We’re also regularly cleaning our key touch points at stations like ticket machines and hand rails
- We’ve briefed all of our cleaning staff on our cleaning priorities and we are redeploying staff in some areas to focus on cleaning
- Our train and station toilets provide hot water and soap. We advise customers to follow government advice by washing their hands for at least 20 seconds. If you come across any customer areas without soap and hot water, please let us know immediately.
- Protecting our timetable to keep services running across the country
We urge passengers to play their part, and follow our 5 rules for safer travel when using the railway.
You should also keep up to date with the latest official health advice. For health information and for answers to frequently-asked questions on traveling by rail during this challenging period please visit the National Rail Enquiries website.