Out and about in... Fort William
Fort William, overlooked by the awe inspiring Ben Nevis on the shores of Loch Linnhe, is the main town in Lochaber.
Here are our Top 10 things to try out on your visit.
- Visit Nevis Range for mountain biking, hill walking or winter snow sports.
- Enjoy a scenic tour taking in Fort William’s landmarks and even explore further afield to Glen Coe with Highland Scenic Tours.
- Take a tour of the Ben Nevis distillery, established in 1825, and one of the oldest licensed distilleries in Scotland – even enjoy a complimentary dram!
- Visit the West Highland Museum, world famous for its Jacobite exhibits – from Rob Roy’s sporran to the bagpipes played at Bannockburn!
- Bring the whole family to Glen Nevis for some spooky Halloween fun on 28th October.
- Update your winter wardrobe at the Ben Nevis Highland Centre with an extensive range of outdoor clothing on offer.
- Soak up the local and national artistic talents at Lime Tree Gallery.
- Feel the history of Old Inverlochy Castle – one of the most historical castles in Scotland.
- Hop on the Caledonian MacBrayne service for a taste of Skye and Clan Donald and sample nature walking trails, glorious gardens and Armadale Castle ruins.
- Nevis Range is home to the UK’s only mountain gondola, transporting you 650m on the mountain of Aonach Mor.
For more information on accommodation and attractions in Fort William visitscotland.com has lots of information to help you.