Half price Off-Peak tickets this Spring
This sale has now ended. To keep updated on any future promotions, sign up to receive our newsletter here.
We're bringing you an incredible half price seat sale this spring so you can enjoy brilliant days out and short breaks for less ...
Save 50% on weekday Off-Peak tickets on ScotRail services across Scotland. The railway is yours to use. Where will you go?
You can buy your half price train tickets until Sunday 15 May 2022 through the link below.
These half price tickets will be valid for travel on all Off-Peak tickets on ScotRail services, Monday to Friday between Monday 9 May and Tuesday 31 May inclusive.
With so much of our beautiful country easily accessible by train, this is the perfect way to get out there and explore everywhere you want to, for less. And remember, you can take up to four kids for £1 each with our Kids for a Quid ticket, making a family day out even cheaper!
50% off all Off-Peak tickets for travel on weekday ScotRail services. This includes the following ticket types: Off-Peak Day Return, Off-Peak Open Return, Super Off-Peak Day Return, Off-Peak Single, Highland Explorer Off- Peak and First Class Off-Peak. Please note, not all of these tickets are available on all routes.
You can buy your half price tickets until Sunday 15 May 2022.
Those who are unable to access the website or ScotRail App, can call us on 0344 811 0153, open daily between 08:00 and 22:00, to purchase their discounted rail tickets
The 50% discount is valid on weekday Off-Peak tickets on ScotRail services, from 9 - 31 May 2022 inclusive.
Off-Peak tickets are typically available for travel after 9:15am, Monday to Friday. Specific time restrictions vary by ticket and destination/ departing station so please check the Terms and Conditions of your chosen ticket for full details.
The offer is valid on all ScotRail services throughout Scotland, where an Off-Peak ticket is available.
If you are travelling one way, there may not be a Off-Peak Single ticket available on your route. Therefore, it might be better value for you to buy a half price Off-Peak return ticket instead. Check the booking link to find out which option is best for you.
Yes. Kids for a Quid can be used in conjunction with your half price ticket. Once you've bought your half price ticket, simply buy your Kids for a Quid ticket at the station, or on train where no ticket office is available.
In some cases, on short journeys, it might cost less to purchase a child ticket using the half price discount.
No. This offer is only available through the link above, via the ScotRail app using promo code SRSALE, or by calling us on 0344 811 0153.
When buying tickets on the ScotRail App, enter your desired journey information and select the option to amend railcards or promotions - highlighted in the image displayed.
Then, enter SRSALE in the promotions field highlighted.
Where seat reservations are available, they can be used with the half price tickets.
- 50% off any Off-Peak ticket, Monday to Friday, on ScotRail services in Scotland.
- You can book your 50% off ticket between 9 - 15 May 2022 inclusive.
- Travel is valid weekdays, between 9 - 31 May 2022 inclusive.
- With an Off-Peak Day Return ticket, both the outward and return journeys must be made on the same day.
- With an Off-Peak Return ticket, return travel is valid for up to one month from the date of outward travel. All return travel must be completed by 30 June 2022.
- Available for travel on ScotRail services only.
- 50% off tickets can only be purchased via the dedicated Half Price Sale booking link above, via the ScotRail App using promo code SRSALE, or by calling us on 0344 811 0153.
- Available on all Off-Peak tickets. This includes Off-Peak Day Return, Off-Peak Open Return, Super Off-Peak Day Return, Off-Peak Single, Highland Explorer Off-Peak and First Class Off-Peak. Please note, not all of these tickets are available on all routes.
- Kids for a Quid can be used in conjunction with this offer. Up to 4 children can travel, for £1 return each, with each adult.
- Child discounts are allowed. However, this offer cannot be used in conjunction with Railcards and concessionary discounts including the Club 50 Off-Peak discount.
- This offer cannot be used with Club 50 Flat Fare.
- Customers can purchase onboard upgrades to First Class.
- Reservations are not essential but are recommended on longer distance journeys where available.
- Refund conditions for the ticket type purchased will apply. Changes to travel plans are not permitted.