Temporary changes to train timetables
Due to a delay in receiving the information required for the December 2018 timetable, ScotRail are unable to open reservations for services as usual which is 12 weeks in advance. We are currently working hard to open services for reservations as soon as possible however currently we are unable to advise when this will be. We will update the website accordingly when further information is available.
So what does this mean for you, our customers?
- All ScotRail Advance Purchase tickets (e.g. products like Advance, Friends Fare etc.) for journeys after Sunday 9th December WILL NOT be available to purchase until services are opened for reservations.
- All other ScotRail tickets (e.g. products like Anytime Return, Off Peak Return etc.) for journeys after Sunday 9th December will still be able to be purchased HOWEVER no seat reservation will be able to be made until services are opened for reservations.
Currently ScotRail services are open for reservations as below
- Mon-Fri services: 11 January 2019
- Saturday services: 5 January 2019
- Sunday services: 6 January 2019
Caledonian Sleeper services can be booked up to 12 months ahead.
Advance purchase tickets and seat reservations on the following dates/routes:
Awaiting timetable confirmation
Mondays 24 and 31 December 2018, and Wednesday 2 January 2019
- All ScotRail services
No ScotRail services operating
Tuesday 25 December 2018 and Tuesday 1 January 2019
No reservable ScotRail services operating
Wednesday 26 December 2018
Engineering work between Dunblane and Hilton Junction
Saturday 5 & Sunday 6 January 2019
- Glasgow – Aberdeen and return
- Glasgow – Inverness and return
- Edinburgh – Perth & Dundee and return