The freedom to travel whenever you want.
Please note: As part of our COVID-19 response, we have changed our refund policy, making all tickets refundable. Please visit our Refunds page for guidance and instructions.
You can buy a Single, Day Return or Open Return ticket for journeys starting at any time and on any day. There’s no need to book in advance — just buy a ticket and get on board.
- Travel any time with no restrictions
- No need to book in advance
- Break your journey at stations along the route
- Discounts when you use your Railcard
- Under 5s travel free, 50% discount for 5 to 15-year olds
What you need to know
- For single and day returns you must travel on the date on your ticket
- For open returns your outward journey must be within 5 days of the date of the ticket, return journey must be within a month of the date on your ticket
- If you want to change your ticket or get a refund, there’s a £10 admin fee
How to buy your ticket
- At any ScotRail ticket office
- By phone - call 0344 811 0141
- On the ScotRail mobile app
Free child travel
Children under 5 travel for free on all ScotRail services.
Buy a day return ticket if you’re coming back on the same day. With an open return ticket your outward journey must be within five days of the date on your ticket. Your return journey must be within one month of the date on your ticket.
Break your journey
Valid for travel to intermediate stations on your route.
Buying your ticket
Buy in advance or on the day of your journey.
Most ScotRail services don’t have seat reservations. On some longer journeys, you can reserve a seat up to 12 weeks before you travel.
First Class upgrade
Available on selected city to city routes. You can buy your First Class ticket in advance or on some routes, upgrade on the train .
First Class Anytime Single ticket
Valid for travel within two days of the date shown on your ticket.
Yes, with all national railcards for standard class travel. Discounts on first class travel for disabled persons, HM forces and senior railcard holders.
If you don’t use your ticket you can apply for a refund up to 28 days after the ticket expiry date. There’s a £10 admin fee for refunds.