Travel when it suits you on your regular route with a Smart Flexipass.
Skip the ticket office queues and save 10% or more on the cost of single tickets.
Flexipass is one of our most popular tickets and the latest to be introduced on Smartcard. The carnet of ten single trips is valid for a month and can be used at any time of day, in either direction on your chosen line. It's great value if you travel a few times each week.
How it works
Buy Flexipass tickets online. Enter your to/from stations and start date then look out for Flexipass 10 and the Smartcard delivery option.
Load onto your Smartcard at a ticket gate, platform validator or ticket vending machine. Allow four hours from buying your ticket.
Tap in and tap out at a ticket gate or platform validator at the start and end of every journey. This activates each single Flexi ticket.
How to buy
You can buy Smart Flexipass online only:
- In Buy Tickets, enter your to/from stations* and select a start date (your Flexipass is valid for one month from the date you choose)
- Look out for Flexipass 10 Single in the list of available tickets
- Select your ticket and click next
- Choose the Smartcard delivery option, select your Smartcard and collection station
- Confirm your purchase
Don't see Flexipass in the list of ticket options?
- *Flexipass can be used in either direction on your chosen route. In a few instances it can only be bought in one direction. If you don't see Flexipass in the list of ticket options, follow the link to change your journey and reverse your to/from stations
- Buying Flexipass to start the same day? Enter a start time of around 4 hours ahead
- On a mobile/tablet? Flexipass isn't available in our mobile ticket booking site yet. Click here to buy Flexipass from a mobile
- Still don't see it? Flexipass is available on over 1,350 journey options across 28 routes in Scotland but may not be available on your route yet
- Get ten single journeys over a one-month period
- Save 10% or more compared to buying single tickets
- Travel at any time of day
- Available on over 1,350 journey options across 28 routes in Scotland
- First Class Flexipass tickets available between Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Smart Flexi is online only – buy at least four hours before you travel
- Tap in and tap out at the start and end of every journey
- Travel is flexible but the validity period is not – choose the start date when you buy your ticket
- You can’t refund this ticket or get Railcard or Child discounts
- Valid on ScotRail services only
10 or 50-journey Flexipass paper tickets
- Online (allow three days for delivery)
- From station ticket offices
10-journey Flexipass on Smartcard
- Online only (buy at least four hours before you travel)
- Smart Flexi will be available to buy from our ticket machines soon
Don't have a Smartcard yet? Sign up for Smartcard here
How to buy online
Click on the image to enlarge
1. Enter journey details
Enter your to/from stations and select a start date.
There's no need to enter a journey time unless you want your Flexipass to start on the day you buy it. Same day - enter a start time around four hours ahead.
Your Flexipass is valid for one month from the date you choose.
2. View ticket options
Look out for Flexipass 10 Single or Flexipass Carnet in the list of available tickets.
Buying a Flexipass to start the same day? Enter a start time around four hours ahead.
Flexipass can be used in either direction on your chosen route. In some circumstances it can only be bought in one direction. If Flexipass doesn't appear in the list of ticket options, follow the link to 'change journey' and reverse your to/from stations.
Still don't see it? Flexipass 10 is available on over 1,350 journey options across 28 routes in Scotland but may not be available on your route yet. The 50-journey Flexipass Carnet is only available between Edinburgh and Glasgow.
3. Select your ticket
Click 'Next' to continue.
4. Choose your delivery option
Flexipass is available on Paper and Smartcard. For Smart Flexi, choose the Smartcard delivery option, select your Smartcard and collection station.
Click 'Continue' to confirm your purchase and continue to payment.
1. Load Flexipass onto your Smartcard
Once you've bought your Smart Flexipass you need to load it onto your Smartcard. Allow around four hours before trying to load a ticket onto your Smartcard.
Load your Flexipass at a ScotRail ticket machine, ticket gate or platform validator at the start of your first journey. You can also load tickets using the ScotRail app on an NFC-enabled Android phone.
At a platform validator: hold your Smartcard still on the reader until you see the "Journey Started" message. This can take up to 2 seconds.
2. Tap in/tap out every journey
Tap in and tap out at a ticket gate or platform validator at the start and end of every journey.
- Tapping in activates a single ticket so it's valid for your journey
- Tapping out ends that journey and removes the used ticket from your Flexipass
With Smart Flexipass you must tap in and tap out at a ticket gate or platform validator at the start and end of every journey to meet the terms and conditions of travel.
Tapping in activates a single ticket so it's valid for your journey.
Tapping out ends that journey and removes the used ticket from your Flexipass.
If you don't tap in, you won't have a valid ticket on your Smartcard.
On train staff may ask you to buy a valid alternative ticket for your journey. You'd need to use the replacement paper ticket to exit the station at the end of your journey.
If you don't tap out, the system will recognise this and remove the journey next time you tap in.
If you tap out through a gate within five minutes of tapping in, no journey will be recorded. After five minutes one ride will be removed from your Flexipass.
If a ride is removed when you didn't make the journey, contact our Smartcard team on 0344 811 0141 to request a credit.
With a Flexipass you can travel at any time of day on your chosen route - peak or off-peak.
Flexipass 10 is valid for ten single journeys within one calendar month from the start date.
To check how many journeys are left on your Smart Flexipass:
- Log into your My ScotRail account
- Click the 'View details' button next to your Smartcard number
- Scroll down to view information about the tickets on this card
Your My ScotRail account is updated every few hours so may not always show the most recent journey.
You can also ask a member of ScotRail staff to check using their app.
With a Flexipass 10, any unused journeys expire after one month and are no longer valid for travel.
You can't extend the validity period or get a credit for unused journeys.
No. Flexipass is non-changeable, non-transferrable and non-refundable.
You can travel on any day during the period of validity but you can't change the start/end date or the route after you've bought your ticket.