Timetable - trains from Dundee to Perth
Train tickets, times and fares.
Known as the Fair City, Perth sits on the banks of the River Tay, surrounded by scenic countryside – and Scone Palace, the crowning place of Scotland’s monarchs.
Perth train station delivers you right to the leafy centre of things: South Inch park is a tranquil introduction to the city. It’s a small and compact city, and its Georgian cobbled streets are perfect for exploring on foot. Get a feel for the city’s grand past in its various castles and gardens, and explore its art and culture at the museum and art gallery.
|Direct trains available?||Yes|
|Trains per day||21|
Next trains from Dundee to Perth
Live departures for direct trains leaving in the next two hours.
|3 days in advance||£8.30|
|1 month in advance||£8.30|
|3 months in advance||£5.00|
First and last trains
These are the usual first and last train times on this route from Monday to Friday. Times may vary at weekends and public holidays. Check exact train times when you plan your journey and book tickets online.
Off-Peak from 09:15 Mon-Fri and all day Sat-Sun.
Best fare finder
Get a five-day view of the cheapest fares found on your route by other ScotRail customers.
How to find the best fare
- Enter your travel dates/times, add any Railcards and click 'Submit' to view ticket options
- You'll see the 'More great fares' box if cheaper tickets might be available within +/- 3 days. Click to see the 5-day view
- Check one to see when that fare was last available and the exact departure times
- Pick your preferred journey to see the current best available price
- Click 'Next' to book or go 'Back to timetable view'