Timetable - trains from Edinburgh to Aberdeen
Train tickets, times and fares.
The ‘Granite City’, Aberdeen is famous for its grand architecture, busy port and ancient university.
Get the train to Aberdeen and arrive in the heart of Scotland’s third largest city. Explore its maritime history, try the seafood fresh from the North Sea, or go for a round of golf on the seafront. And with links to Orkney and Shetland by ferry – Aberdeen is the start of a great adventure by sea.
|Direct trains available?||Yes|
|Trains per day||18|
Next trains from Edinburgh to Aberdeen
Live departures for direct trains leaving in the next two hours.
|3 days in advance||£17.70|
|1 month in advance||£11.80|
|3 months in advance||£5.00|
First and last trains
* Sleeper service. ScotRail services start at 05:30.
These are the usual first and last train times on this route from Monday to Friday. Times may vary at weekends and public holidays. Check exact train times when you plan your journey and book tickets online.
Off-Peak from 09:16 Mon-Fri and all day Sat-Sun.
Best fare finder
Get a five-day view of the cheapest fares found on your route by other ScotRail customers.
How to find the best fare
- Enter your travel dates/times, add any Railcards and click 'Submit' to view ticket options
- You'll see the 'More great fares' box if cheaper tickets might be available within +/- 3 days. Click to see the 5-day view
- Check one to see when that fare was last available and the exact departure times
- Pick your preferred journey to see the current best available price
- Click 'Next' to book or go 'Back to timetable view'