Timetable - trains from Glasgow Central to Edinburgh
Train tickets, times and fares.
Scotland’s capital is a UNESCO World Heritage Site with an exciting mix of history, outstanding architecture, festivals, food and fun.
Stepping off the train in Edinburgh puts you right in the heart of the action. Emerging from Waverley Station, in the shadow of the Castle, you have the whole city at your feet.
|Direct trains available?||Yes|
|Trains per day||44|
Faster and later services run from Glasgow Queen Street to Edinburgh
Next trains from Glasgow Central to Edinburgh
Live departures for direct trains leaving in the next two hours.
|3 days in advance||£14.40|
|1 month in advance||£14.40|
|3 months in advance||£14.40|
First and last trains
These are the usual first and last train times on this route from Monday to Friday. Times may vary at weekends and public holidays. Check exact train times when you plan your journey and book tickets online.
Off-Peak all day Sat-Sun, and services from 09:15 Mon-Fri (except those leaving Glasgow between 16:42 and 18:10).
Best fare finder
Get a five-day view of the cheapest fares found on your route by other ScotRail customers.
How to find the best fare
- Enter your travel dates/times, add any Railcards and click 'Submit' to view ticket options
- You'll see the 'More great fares' box if cheaper tickets might be available within +/- 3 days. Click to see the 5-day view
- Check one to see when that fare was last available and the exact departure times
- Pick your preferred journey to see the current best available price
- Click 'Next' to book or go 'Back to timetable view'