Timetable - trains from Glasgow to Dundee
Train tickets, times and fares.
Once home to ‘jute, jam and journalism’, the city on the Tay has reinvented itself as a leader in science, computer gaming, and art.
Board a train for Dundee and you’ll step off in the heart of one of Scotland’s most dynamic cities. Discover its fast-changing waterfront, visit galleries, both old and modern – then take in its buzzing bar, restaurant and live music scene.
|Direct trains available?||Yes|
|Trains per day||29|
Next trains from Glasgow Queen Street to Dundee
Live departures for direct trains leaving in the next two hours.
|3 days in advance||£11.00|
|1 month in advance||£7.30|
|3 months in advance||£5.00|
First and last trains
These are the usual first and last train times on this route from Monday to Friday. Times may vary at weekends and public holidays. Check exact train times when you plan your journey and book tickets online.
Off-Peak from 09:16 Mon-Fri and all day Sat-Sun.
Best fare finder
Get a five-day view of the cheapest fares found on your route by other ScotRail customers.
How to find the best fare
- Enter your travel dates/times, add any Railcards and click 'Submit' to view ticket options
- You'll see the 'More great fares' box if cheaper tickets might be available within +/- 3 days. Click to see the 5-day view
- Check one to see when that fare was last available and the exact departure times
- Pick your preferred journey to see the current best available price
- Click 'Next' to book or go 'Back to timetable view'