Timetable - trains from Glasgow to Stirling
Train tickets, times and fares.
An impressive castle, a grand monument, and a medieval Old Town – Stirling was the seat of Scotland’s monarchs for three centuries, and is packed with history.
Get the train to Stirling to explore Scotland’s historic heartland. It was once the royal capital, and Stirling Castle is one of the finest in Scotland. Explore the opulent royal apartments, including the Great Hall and the Renaissance Palace, within its walls – or play soldiers on the battlements.
|Direct trains available?||Yes|
|Trains per day||61|
Next trains from Glasgow Queen Street to Stirling
Live departures for direct trains leaving in the next two hours.
|3 days in advance||£9.40|
|1 month in advance||£9.40|
|3 months in advance||£5.00|
First and last trains
These are the usual first and last train times on this route from Monday to Friday. Times may vary at weekends and public holidays. Check exact train times when you plan your journey and book tickets online.
Off-Peak all day Sat-Sun, and services from 09:15 Mon-Fri (except those leaving Glasgow between 16:42 and 18:10).
Best fare finder
Get a five-day view of the cheapest fares found on your route by other ScotRail customers.
How to find the best fare
- Enter your travel dates/times, add any Railcards and click 'Submit' to view ticket options
- You'll see the 'More great fares' box if cheaper tickets might be available within +/- 3 days. Click to see the 5-day view
- Check one to see when that fare was last available and the exact departure times
- Pick your preferred journey to see the current best available price
- Click 'Next' to book or go 'Back to timetable view'