Meet golfing legend Tom Watson at Carnoustie.
The 147th Open comes to Carnoustie this July, and we’ve teamed up with Mastercard® to give 25 lucky golf fans the chance to meet five-time Open winner, Tom Watson.
You and a friend will get exclusive access to the Mastercard Club where Tom’s five Claret Jug trophies will be on display, before watching the action unfold at one of the world’s most challenging courses.
For this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, you had to use your Mastercard to purchase a train ticket to Carnoustie during the week of The Open and opt in to receive ScotRail marketing updates.
If you had already purchased a ticket or have a My ScotRail account, you could opt in by updating your preferences here .
Prize draw entry closed Wednesday 11 July at 23:59.
Winners will be selected at random and informed by Monday 16 July.
Terms and Conditions
- Abellio ScotRail Limited (company number SC450732 and registered address 5th Floor, Culzean Building, 36 Renfield Street, Glasgow, G2 1LU) (“ScotRail”) is the promotion promoter.
- The prize draw (the "Prize Draw") is open to people 18 and over who, between the dates of 00:01 20 June 2018 and 23:59 on 11 July 2018, buy a rail ticket on scotrail.co.uk to travel to the 147th Open at Carnoustie on 15-22 July 2018 (inclusive) using a Mastercard (a "Qualifying Customer").
- Employees or agencies of ScotRail its group companies or their family members, or anyone else connected with the Prize Draw, may not enter the Prize Draw.
- Qualifying Customer will only be entered into the prize draw if the customer provides positive consent to ScotRail processing that customer’s personal data, which may be through, for example, a general marketing opt-in, or by selecting the opt-in box for this specific prize draw on the ScotRail website.
- No purchase is necessary. Anyone with a Mastercard may alternatively enter the draw by sending their name, address contact number plus Mastercard number to The ScotRail 147th Open Golf Prize Draw at ScotRail 147th Open Golf Promotion, FREEPOST SCOTRAIL CUSTOMER RELATIONS by 11 July 2018. Delayed, damaged, incomplete, or illegible entries will not be accepted. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt. No third party or bulk entries will be accepted.
- The prize is to be one of 25 people to meet Tom Watson with his own 5 replica Claret Jugs from his 5 Open wins on display in the Mastercard Club at the 147th Open at Carnoustie on Saturday 21 July 2018. This includes access to The Open on Saturday 21 July 2018 for each winner and one guest, and a free return journey to Carnoustie from any train station in Scotland for each winner and their guest (the “Prize”).
- 25 winners will be chosen by ScotRail after 11 July 2018 from a random draw of qualifying customers received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. All qualifying customers must have opted in via scotrail.co.uk and agree to have their data processed, and to be contacted by, ScotRail following the draw. ScotRail’s decision is final and no other correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of the draw.
- ScotRail will notify the winners no later than noon on 16 July 2018. Each winner is responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the Prize.
- If a winner rejects their Prize, does not respond to ScotRail’s prize notification by close of business on 16 July, is unable to travel to Carnoustie on 21 July 2018 or the entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the winner's Prize will be forfeited and ScotRail may select another winner.
- The Prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
- Scotrail retains the right to substitute the Prize with another prize of similar value in the event the Prize is not available.
- Each winner may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the Prize Draw and shall participate in such activity on ScotRail's reasonable request. The winner consents to the use by ScotRail and its related companies, for an unlimited time, of the winner's voice, image, photograph and name for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and films, and on the internet, including any websites hosted by ScotRail and its related companies) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice.
- ScotRail accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by an entrant as a result of entering the Prize Draw or accepting the Prize. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of ScotRail for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
- ScotRail reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Prize Draw with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of ScotRail in all matters under its control is final and binding.
- ScotRail shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- The Prize Draw will be governed by Scottish law and entrants to the Prize Draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
- By accepting the Prize, the Winner and their guest agree to adhere to The Open guest terms and conditions which can be viewed here https://www.theopen.com/Legal/Terms-and-conditions/Tickets
- The names of Winners, and the county in which they live, are available from ScotRail on request. Each entrant consents on competition entry to these details being released if a Prize Draw winner.