Nectar points have arrived.
Great news. You can now collect Nectar points every time you buy your tickets online. It’s another great reason for travelling by train.
When you book online with us you’ll get 2 points for every £1 you spend. And, if you’re a season ticket holder you’ll get 2,500 points for an annual ticket, or 200 points for a monthly ticket.
How it works
It couldn’t be any easier to start collecting Nectar points by linking your accounts. And, when you do, you’ll collect bonus points straight away. Sweet.
If you already have a Nectar card, simply add your Nectar card number to your ScotRail account info (in ‘My Account’). Your card number will then be stored, so each time you buy a ticket, your Nectar points will automatically be added to your account.
Q. How can I collect Nectar points with ScotRail?
A. Collecting points is easy. If you haven’t linked your Nectar card already, we’ll automatically offer you the chance when you pay for your tickets online. Or you can link your Nectar card now.
Q. Will I collect Nectar points on everything I buy with ScotRail?
A. Only train tickets bought online offer Nectar points. This doesn’t include extras such as car parking, bus tickets or additional travelcards.
Q. Will I get Nectar points if I buy my tickets using the mobile app?
A. Yes. When you next use our app (you may be prompted to update), keep an eye out for the Nectar logo. Then, just enter your card details and you'll get points every time you buy tickets.
Q. How can I spend my Nectar points?
A. To discover all the great ways you can enjoy spending your points, visit nectar.com
Q. If I buy my Season Ticket online, how many points will I collect?
A. Buy your annual season ticket online with ScotRail and you’ll collect 2,500 Nectar points. Monthly tickets are worth 200 Nectar points and weekly tickets 50 (weekly tickets can only be bought online for Smart Card enabled routes). If you bought your season ticket online within the last 24 hours, you still have time to collect points by linking your Nectar card. Please note that if you buy a season ticket online, a delivery charge may apply.
T & C's
We have partnered with Nectar so you can now collect Nectar points on tickets purchased on www.scotrail.co.uk
- To collect points on www.scotrail.co.uk you will need a Nectar card. If you don't already have one, you can sign up for a Nectar card here.
- You must link your Nectar card number in the ‘My Account’ section on www.scotrail.co.uk to collect Nectar points on train tickets purchased online. If you do not have an account simply create one and include your Nectar card number at the same time.
- When you add your Nectar card, you’ll receive 100 bonus points. You can link with as many participating FirstGroup companies as you want - however, you are only entitled to one bonus allocation. Only the first Nectar card account per customer is valid.
- Once your Nectar card number has been linked you will be eligible to collect:
- 2 points per £1 spent on train tickets purchased at www.scotrail.co.uk (excluding season tickets, Gift Vouchers, Travelcards and PLUSBUS)
- 50 points for the online purchase or renewal of a weekly season ticket (where available)
- 200 points for the online purchase or renewal of a monthly season ticket
- (For tickets valid for more than 1 month, but less than a year, you will collect points for every full month (up to a maximum of 2,500). i.e. a 2 month, 3 week season would be worth 400 points).
- 2500 points for the online purchase or renewal of an annual season ticket
- All season ticket offers are subject to change from time to time and will be updated on this website accordingly
- Delivery charges may apply to online purchases for postal delivery. Free ticket collection is available at selected stations.
- Your points will appear on your account within 28 days of buying your tickets
- Points cannot currently be redeemed on www.scotrail.co.uk.
- Incorrect or invalid Nectar cards or Nectar card numbers will not be awarded points. Customers are responsible to ensure the card number you enter is correct.
- www.scotrail.co.uk reserves the right to:
- withdraw at any time any Nectar points that were granted:
- In the case of any fraudulent activity
- in error - for instance if the Nectar logo was mistakenly displayed on the view item page of an excluded item
- withhold or delay issuing Nectar points
- change these terms at any time