Thanks a million!
To say thanks for travelling with us, during October you can collect double points on all train tickets booked with us online, on the move through your mobile or on our App! That’s 4 points per £1 thank you very much.
What’s more, each time you buy a train ticket between 1st and 31st October we’ll enter you into our free Click to Win competition to win up to 1000 points – and with thousands of chances to win, train travel will be even more rewarding.
If you’re buying a season ticket online you can still collect 2,500 points for an annual ticket or 200 points for a monthly ticket – and you can Click to Win as well.
How it works
It couldn’t be any easier to start collecting Nectar points by linking your accounts.
If you already have a Nectar card, simply add your Nectar card number to your ScotRail account info (in ‘My Account’). Your card number will then be stored, so each time you buy a ticket, your Nectar points will automatically be added to your account.
Q. What is the Thanks a Million promotion and how can I benefit?
A. During October we’re taking part in Nectar’s Thanks a Million promotion - meaning you’ll now get 4 points for every £1 you spend online! And we’re also giving away a total of 1,000,000 Nectar points in our Click to Win prize draw - giving Nectar card holders the chance to win 1,000 points every time you buy online.
Q. How can I collect Nectar points with ScotRail?
A. Collecting points is easy. If you haven’t linked your Nectar card already, we’ll automatically offer you the chance when you pay for your tickets online. Or you can link your Nectar card now.
Q. Will I collect Nectar points on everything I buy with ScotRail?
A. Only train tickets bought online offer Nectar points. This doesn’t include extras such as car parking, bus tickets or additional travelcards.
Q. Will I get Nectar points if I buy my tickets using the mobile app?
A. Yes. When you next use our app (you may be prompted to update), keep an eye out for the Nectar logo. Then, just enter your card details and you'll get points every time you buy tickets.
Q. How can I spend my Nectar points?
A. To discover all the great ways you can enjoy spending your points, visit nectar.com
Q. If I buy my Season Ticket online, how many points will I collect?
A. Buy your annual season ticket online with ScotRail and you’ll collect 2,500 Nectar points. Monthly tickets are worth 200 Nectar points and weekly tickets 50 (weekly tickets can only be bought online for Smart Card enabled routes). If you bought your season ticket online within the last 24 hours, you still have time to collect points by linking your Nectar card. Please note that if you buy a season ticket online, a delivery charge may apply.
T & C's
What you need to know
Thanks A Million October 2014 Period
We have partnered with Nectar so you can now collect Nectar points on tickets purchased on www.scotrail.co.uk.
- To collect points on www.scotrail.co.uk, you will need a Nectar card. If you don't already have one, you can sign up for a Nectar card.
- You must link your Nectar card number in the ‘My Account’ section on www.scotrail.co.uk, to collect Nectar points on train tickets purchased online. If you do not have an account simply create one and include your Nectar card number at the same time.
- For a limited period, 1st – 31st October 2014, customers can collect double points with FirstGroup and Nectar as part of Nectar’s Thanks a Million promotion. All online ticket purchases by a Nectar card holder will also be entered into a Click to Win prize draw with 1,000,000 Nectar points being awarded during the promotional period across FirstGroup’s train companies.
- During the double points promotional period, once your Nectar card number has been linked, you will be eligible to collect:
- 4 points per £1 spent on train tickets bought online (excluding season tickets, Gift Vouchers, Travelcards and PLUSBUS)
- Double points and the Click to Win prize draw apply from 00:01 on Wednesday 1st October 2014 to 23:59 on Friday 31st October 2014 inclusive. When this promotional period ends, our standard ‘2 points per £1’ terms and conditions will apply.
In addition to collecting 4 points per £1 spent, during the promotional period each online purchase by a Nectar card holder will be entered into a Click to Win prize draw, with 1,000,000 Nectar points being awarded between 1st and 31st October 2014 across FirstGroup’s train companies. The prizes are Nectar points (each “a prize”). There is no cash alternative and a prize cannot be transferred. The following prizes are available to win during the promotional period:
- Two hundred and fifty people will win 1,000 Nectar points each
- Five hundred people will win 500 Nectar points each
- One thousand people will win 200 Nectar points each
- One thousand five hundred people will win 100 Nectar points each
- Three thousand people will win 50 Nectar points each
Prize winners are determined randomly over the duration of the promotional period and winners will be notified by email with points being added automatically to their Nectar account within 28 days
If you make an eligible entry into the prize draw to win any of the above prizes, you may still win any of the other prizes on any of the other days on which prize draws are carried out if you have made an eligible entry.
- Collect Nectar points on eligible train tickets bought online through www.scotrail.co.uk
- You must link your Nectar card number to the ‘My Account’ section at one of the FirstGroup train company websites to collect Nectar points on train tickets bought online.
- During the Thanks a Million promotional period, you will not be awarded any bonus Nectar points for linking your card.
- The Thanks a Million double points promotion does not apply to season tickets purchased during the promotional period. Season tickets purchased will continue to collect:
- 50 points for the online purchase or renewal of a weekly season ticket (where available)
- 200 points for the online purchase or renewal of a monthly season ticket
- (For tickets valid for more than 1 month, but less than a year, you will collect points for every full month (up to a maximum of 2,500). i.e. a 2 month, 3 week season would be worth 400 points).
- 2,500 points for the online purchase or renewal of an annual season ticket
- All season ticket offers are subject to change from time to time and will be updated on this website accordingly
- Your points will appear on your account within 28 days of buying your tickets.
- Points cannot currently be redeemed on www.scotrail.co.uk
- Incorrect or invalid Nectar cards or Nectar card numbers will not be awarded points. Customers are responsible to ensure the card number you enter is correct.
- Points cannot be collected on any element of a transaction paid for by redeeming either a Gift Voucher or a National Rail Travel voucher.
- All the FirstGroup websites reserve the right to:
- withdraw at any time any Nectar points that were granted;
- in the case of any fraudulent activity
- in error - for instance if the Nectar logo was mistakenly displayed on the view item page of an excluded item
- withhold or delay issuing Nectar points
- change these terms at any time