Railcards are great value if you travel regularly and can save at least 1/3 on your train travel.
We have a wide range for you to choose from. Take a look below to find out which railcard is right for you.
With a Two Together Railcard you get savings of 1/3 on fares across Britain, for any two named people aged 16 or over who travel together.
Find out more at www.twotogether-railcard.co.uk
You can save 1/3 on fares across Britain for you and a companion with a Disabled Persons Railcard.
To find out more and see if you're eligible visit www.disabledpersons-railcard.co.uk
If you're aged 16-25 or are studying full time, you can get 1/3 off all train travel for just £30 a year.
Find out more at www.16-25railcard.co.uk
For £30 a year, you can get 1/3 off train travel for up to four adults and 60% off for up to four kids.
Find out more at www.familyandfriends-railcard.co.uk
If you’re over 60 you can save 1/3 on your train fares.
Find out more at www.senior-railcard.co.uk
If you're aged 16-18 and have a Young Scot National Entitlement Card, you can get fantastic discounts on your train travel in Scotland. This includes 1/3 off most rail fares and 50% off weekly and monthly tickets.
To find out more or to apply for your card, visit www.youngscot.org/card
A Highland Railcard can save you 50% on selected routes. When you use it, up to two kids can travel for a flat fare of only £2 return each.
The Highland Railcard is only available on selected routes for people living in selected postcodes.
Highland Railcard is now available on Smartcard, offering the same great discounts in a seamless journey experience.
Check below for details and to apply.
The Highland Railcard is available to anyone aged 16 or over, permanently living in the following postcode areas:
- All IV except: IV12, IV30, IV31, IV32, IV36
- All KW
- All HS
- PA20 to PA38, PA41 to PA49, PA60 to PA78
- PH16, PH17, PH30 to PH44, PH49, PH50
- FK20, FK21
The Highland Railcard is available on the following routes:
- Mallaig/Fort William/Oban to/from Glasgow
- Wick/Thurso to/from Inverness
- Kyle of Lochalsh to/from Inverness
The Highland Railcard is now available on Smartcard:
- If you live in the qualifying area you'll be offered the option to purchase a Highland Railcard
- Follow the instructions to buy and add the product to your Smartcard
Download and complete the application form below and provide:
- Proof of permanent residence in the qualifying area, e.g. Drivers Licence, utility bill or bank statement
- Passport-sized photograph for your photocard
Send the completed form with payment to:
Highland Railcard Applications,
Inverness Railway Station,
At a station
You can buy a Highland Railcard from the following staffed stations:
- Kyle of Lochalsh
- Fort William
The Under 25 Advance Purchase discount entitles you to 10% off Advance fares on ScotRail services, for Standard Class travel on a range of longer distance routes.
It is available to anyone under the age of 25, exclusively on Smartcard.
How to apply
- Visit My ScotRail to sign up for a Smartcard or log into your existing Smartcard account
- You'll be asked to provide your date of birth and, if you qualify, the Under 25 Advance Purchase entitlement will automatically be added to your Smartcard
- Follow the instructions online to complete your order
- Buy tickets online
- Enter your journey details and select UNDER 25 ADVANCE from the Railcard drop down list
- If an Advance fare is available for your selected journey, the prices shown will include the Under 25 Advance discount
- Follow the instructions to purchase the ticket and put on your Smartcard
Note: Normal conditions of Advance fares apply. Reservations are compulsory and will be made at the time of purchase - you'll need to present your booking confirmation along with your Smartcard when you travel.