Central Scotland Rover
Enjoy a fun-filled city adventure in Scotland's bustling cities.
Our Central Scotland Rover ticket is great value and a great way to get around. Get three consecutive days of unlimited off-peak travel between Edinburgh and Glasgow, plus travel on the Glasgow Subway, for £39.
Things to see
Split your week between Edinburgh and Glasgow to experience these two very different cities.
Glasgow is known for great shopping, grand Victorian architecture, friendly locals, and its buzzing pub, club, music and arts scene. Then there’s Edinburgh: a UNESCO World Heritage Site with an exciting mix of history, outstanding architecture, festivals, food and fun.
- Great value: three consecutive days of travel for £39
- Flexible: you choose when to travel
- Includes travel on the Glasgow Subway
- No need to book in advance
- Use your Railcard
- Free travel for under 5s, and half price for children aged 5-15
- Hop on-hop off as much as you like
- Only valid for Standard Class
- You can travel at any time, except on weekday trains before 09.15
- Travel between Glasgow and Edinburgh is on ScotRail services only
- Your travel is flexible, but the validity period is not: the 3-day period starts on the first day of travel
- There’s a £10 admin fee for changes or refunds
You can use the Central Scotland Rover on:
- Glasgow-Edinburgh services via either Falkirk High or Shotts
- Glasgow/Edinburgh to Alloa/Dunblane services
- Glasgow Central or Queen Street to Partick
- Cumbernauld/Falkirk Grahamston services
- Edinburgh-North Berwick
- Fife Circle as far as Markinch
- Glasgow SPT Subway
Doesn’t include travel on the Borders Railway.
You can buy the Central Scotland Rover from:
- The ticket office at any staffed station
- By phone on 0344 811 0141
- Or complete our call-back form online
Travelling from outside the UK? Buy online from BritRail here
You get three consecutive days of unlimited Off-Peak travel.
- on Glasgow-Alloa/Dunblane services
- on Edinburgh-Alloa/Dunblane services
- on the Glasgow-Edinburgh services via either Falkirk High or Shotts
- East of Partick on the Helensburgh-Edinburgh and Argyle Line routes (ie NOT on stations between Helensburgh or Milngavie-Partick)
- on the Cumbernauld/Falkirk Grahamston services
- on the Edinburgh-North Berwick route
- on the Fife Circle as far as Markinch
- on the SPT subway
Please note that the Central Scotland Rover is not valid on the Borders Railway.
- The Central Scotland Rover gives you unlimited travel on ScotRail services between Edinburgh and Glasgow, including intermediate stations
- Present your ticket at Glasgow Underground stations and get a ticket for free travel on the subway
Anytime over the weekend and Monday to Friday, except on services departing before 09:15.
No, there's no need to book in advance.
No, not at all.
No, Travelpasses are flexible so you don't need a reservation.
16-25, Senior and Disabled Persons Railcard holders can get a discount on full-priced travel passes.
Yes, there's a 50% discount for children aged 5-15 and under 5's travel free.
No, you can't upgrade to First Class on any of our travel passes.
Yes, you can get a refund, subject to a £10 administration fee, for each unused ticket given back to us before the date of travel.
Yes, you have unlimited travel, but you can't change the travel validity period of travel passes.
Yes, you have the freedom to break up your journey as long as your travelpass is still valid.