We're investing in cycling facilities across our network.
ScotRail champions the cause of cycling as a sustainable way to access our network and has delivered a wide range of Cycle/Rail integration projects.
We support cycling to our stations, with improved cycle facilities including Cycle Repair stands and over 1,700 new cycle spaces. You can check your station's cycle spaces here .
Cycle parking is included under the 'Interchange' heading on our station pages.
Using our facilities
We've installed Falco two-tiered cycle racks at some of our stations. The racks provide easy and accessible storage for bikes. Not used a two-tier cycle rack before? We've put together some hints and tips for you:
- Pull out the upper tier fully and gently lower it to the floor
- Place the front wheel of your bike into the rack and then wheel your bike onto the rack allowing the rear wheel to sit in the recess at the back
- Lift the rack, whilst supporting the bike, and then push it ‘home’ until it locates over the stop position
- Lock your bike securely to the rack - there are several locking points to choose from
- Repeat step 1 to remove your bike, then push the upper tier back into position to prevent injury to other users and members of the public