Plan your cycle rail journey
Plan your cycle and rail journey with PlusBike.
National Rail's PlusBike service provides tailored information on your journey or by station. It covers everything from:
- Cycle facilities at stations and the number of cycle parking spaces
- Cycle hire at stations or nearby with links to their websites
- Cycle carriage rules, including taking bikes on the trains specific to your journey
- And whether you need to reserve a cycle space on board
Keep the bike safe while you’re out and about. The British Transport Police have some simple ideas to make life extremely difficult for thieves:
Hire a bike quickly and simply from 12 of our stations with Bike & Go. Set up your membership, pick up the key and you’re good to go. Find out more about Bike & Go
We've also partnered with cycle hire companies in Mallaig, Blair Atholl, Inverness, Oban and Fort William to bring you great discounts. Just show your ScotRail ticket in the cycle hire shop.
Explore the stunning landscapes around Blair Atholl by bike. Find Blair Atholl Bike Hire within the 'Food in the Park' cafe behind the museum.
Here’s how to get your 10% discount on a full or half-day hire:
- Call ahead on 01796 481500 to check availability
- Show your valid rail ticket when you get there
For more information call 01796 481500 or visit www.blairathollbikehire.co.uk
Terms & conditions
- Call the Blair Atholl Bike Hire contact number, 01796 481500, at least one hour before the commencement of the hire to register and check availability of cycles
- To obtain the 10% discount you must show a valid rail ticket to the Blair Atholl Bike Hire staff
- All hire arrangements will be between you and Blair Atholl Bike Hire
- Payment for the hire is made directly to Blair Atholl Bike Hire
- Blair Atholl Bike Hire will provide all the extra kit, like a cycle helmet, basic accessories such as puncture repair kit, pump etc, and contact details in case of breakdown
- Blair Atholl Bike Hire is responsible for the condition of the equipment supplied
Get 10% off cycle hire at Ticket to Ride, or 15% off with a Spirit of Scotland travel pass. All you need is a valid rail ticket.
Ticket to Ride will even meet you at the train station, with the bike. There’s no charge for this at Dingwall, Elgin and Aviemore. What's more, if you travel from Inverness to Fort William, you can leave the bike with Nevis Cycles in Fort William. Handy!
Call Ticket to Ride on 01463 419160, giving at least four hours notice and hold on to your rail ticket to get your discount.
For more information and full terms and conditions of cycle hire, visit www.tickettoridehighlands.co.uk
Get 10% off at Nevis Cycles with a valid rail ticket, or 15% off with a Spirit of Scotland travel pass. Cycling to Inverness? Drop the bike off at Ticket to Ride, at no extra charge.
Nevis Cycles is located close to Fort William station - just show your valid rail ticket or Spirit of Scotland travel pass to claim your discount.
For more information call 01397 705555 or visit www.neviscycles.com