Super Off-Peak Day Return tickets
Super savings from a super ticket.
Please note: As part of our COVID-19 response, we have changed our refund policy, making all tickets refundable. Please visit our Refunds page for guidance and instructions.
Exclusive to Smartcard holders, Super Off-Peak Day Return tickets offer the cheapest fares on less busy trains. Travel between 11am and 3pm, and after 8pm to and from Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow on weekdays.
You can even travel between Edinburgh and Glasgow for just £10 return.
- Get the cheapest fares when you travel at certain times
- Buy any time before travel
- Discounts when you use your railcard
- You can reserve a seat on longer distance journeys
What you need to know
- Available Monday to Friday between 11:00 and 15:00, and after 20:00
- Only valid on ScotRail services on selected routes
- Standard class only
- You must return on the same day as your outward journey
Where can I travel?
Super Off-Peak Day Return tickets are available on over 300 journeys to and from Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen.
Here’s some examples:
- Glasgow – Edinburgh £10 return
- Tweedbank - Edinburgh £9.50 return
- Ayr – Glasgow £8.80 return
- Stonehaven – Aberdeen £5.40 return
To find out if Super Off-Peak tickets are available on your journey, search for midweek travel between 11:00 – 15:00 and after 20:00 using the Buy Tickets function.
How to buy your ticket
- At any ScotRail ticket office, including the main ticket office at Edinburgh Waverley
- At our ticket vending machines
Paper tickets and Smart tickets
Super Off-Peak Day Returns tickets are exclusive to Smartcard holders.
For Super Off-Peak Day Return travel times are 11:00 until 15:00, and after 20:00.
Free child travel
Children under age five travel for free on all ScotRail services. Half price tickets for children aged 5 to 15. Kids for a Quid ticket is not available with Super Off-Peak Day Returns.
Use it on
Selected ScotRail services only. Super Off-Peak Day Returns can be used on certain journeys to and from Edinburgh, Glasgow or Aberdeen.
You must return on the same day as your outward journey.
Buying your ticket
Buy in advance or on the day of your journey.
There’s no reserved seating on most ScotRail services. You can reserve a seat for some longer journeys up to 12 weeks before you travel.
First class upgrade
No upgrades available with Super Off-Peak Day Returns.
Yes, with all national railcards for standard class travel. Club 50 members cannot get discounts on Super Off-Peak Day Returns.