ScotRail Engineering Organisation - IMS Policy Statement
The ScotRail Engineering Organisation aims to achieve their customers' expectations by providing them with a quality service.
ScotRail Engineering Organisation shall:
- Continuously review, maintain and improve the Integrated Management System (IMS) to ensure ScotRail Engineering satisfies all applicable legislation and regulatory requirements and satisfies the requirements and aspirations of its stakeholders and other interested parties
- Fulfil legal requirements and other requirements and ensure that all ScotRail Engineering employees are aware of, and empowered to meet, their statutory duties to take reasonable care of themselves, others and the environment
- Clearly define aims and objectives, evaluate and develop the competency of our people to the standard required to provide a safe and reliable service to its customers and other interested parties
- Comply with corporate company environmental policy and guidance
- Manage the use of finite resources, i.e. minerals and energy, and reduce waste produced to a minimum and maintain and monitor systems to prevent pollution
- Identify and assess the environmental risks and opportunities of our processes, products and services allowing us to conduct our activities responsibly and in a manner that will protect from harm the environment, internal and external interested parties
- Provide safe and healthy working conditions for the prevention of work-related injury and ill-health
- Identify and assess safety risks and opportunities to develop safety initiatives, eliminate hazards and to minimise the occurrence of accidents and incidents in its area of operations
- Promote a culture throughout its organisation that encourages open and honest communication in all aspects of health and safety where each individuals input is equally valued, and issues of concern can be respectfully challenged
- Consult with workers, or their representatives, in all aspects of health and safety
- Ensure the health and safety of all interested parties who may be affected by its activities, including, but not limited to, contractors, sub-contractors, the public, etc.
- Ensure confidentiality of information, including that provided by customers and other interested parties
- Implement, and comply with, company and industry security guidance