Your ticket to getting away and memories that stay.
Unforgettable moments are never far away with an Advance ticket.
Enjoy some retail therapy in Glasgow's Style Mile, or head to the beach and taste some succulent cuisines in Aberdeen. Take in the history at Stirling Castle or experience a night at the theatre in Edinburgh. Whether you’re visiting friends or family, or just fancy going somewhere different, plan ahead and you can save when you book in advance.
Our Advance Single tickets are available from 12 weeks before travel, so book early to make sure you don’t miss out.
- Incredible savings
- Use your railcard for even lower fares
- Available seven days a week for many longer distance journeys
- It’s a single ticket – book your return separately
- You can’t refund or change this ticket
- It’s valid only for the train you book
- There’s no seat reservation with our lowest priced Advance fare tickets
- Valid on ScotRail services only
Where will you go with your Advance ticket?
With our Advance tickets, there’s lots of great places to visit.
You can travel to each of the seven cities, and other great destinations like Fort William, Oban, Mallaig, Wick, Thurso and Kyle.
Check out great places to visit now.
- Over the phone on 0344 811 0141
- From a ticket office at a staffed station
- Or from Rail Appointed Travel Agents
- With an Advance Single you can travel on a range of services seven days a week
- Your Advance Single is only valid on the train journey shown on your ticket
- Advance Single tickets are sold on a single, one way journey basis. For your return, simply purchase another single ticket
The number of new Advance Single tickets available to buy will vary depending on each route, time, day of the week, and month.
The lowest priced fares are available from 12 weeks before train departure date. The further in advance you book, the more likely the fare will be available. The discount from a walk-up fare will decrease the closer to departure the train is booked.
Advance Single tickets are valid on ScotRail services only, for Standard Class travel on a range of longer distance routes and services:
- Glasgow – Aberdeen
- Edinburgh – Aberdeen
- Inverness – Aberdeen
- Glasgow – Oban
- Glasgow – Fort William
- Glasgow – Mallaig
- Inverness – Wick/Kyle
- Glasgow – Inverness
- Edinburgh – Inverness
Should you look far in advance and £5 fares are unavailable, the next pricing tier may be available. This will depend on how busy the train is.
You won't be able to reserve a seat with our new lowest price Advance fares. However, you are free to sit in any available non-reserved seats.
You will get a seat reservation with other Advance tickets.
Yes, all Standard National Railcard discounts apply.
Yes, if you’re a Club 50 member you can use your member discount on Advance tickets.
To buy online, click on 'Buy Tickets' in the main menu above, enter your journey details and select 'ONLINE CLUB 50' from the list of Railcards. If you have selected an eligible journey, the prices shown will include the 20% Club 50 discount.
Yes, you can get a 50% discount for children aged 5-15, and under 5's travel free.
Our £5 Advance Single fares are for Standard Class travel only and cannot be upgraded to First Class. However, we also have £10 Advance Single First Class fares, and our other Advance Single fares can be upgraded to First Class.
No, refunds aren’t available.
You can change your travel plans before the outward journey for a £10 administration fee for each ticket.
No, you can't break up your journey unless it's for connectional purposes.