Travel to some of the most remote and beautiful places in Scotland.
Get four days unlimited travel over eight consecutive days across the Highlands for £81.50.
From the other worldly landscapes of Skye and the west coast to the wild expanse of Caithness, the Highland Rover is your ticket on some of Scotland’s most scenic journeys by rail, ferry and coach.
- Great value
- Flexible: you choose when to travel
- No need to book in advance
- Use your Railcard
- Free travel for under 5s, and half price for children aged 5-15
- Hop on-hop off as much as you like
- Only valid for Standard Class
- You can travel at any time, except on weekday trains arriving in Inverness or Aberdeen before 09.00
- Your travel is flexible, but the validity period isn't: the 8-day period starts on the first day of travel
- There’s a £10 admin fee for changes or refunds
- You can't use this ticket with Weekend First
Places to see
- The far north – explore John O'Groats, Thurso and Wick
- Inverness – take the train to the capital of the Highlands for history, culture, and plenty of outdoor activities
- The Isle of Skye – get the train to Mallaig and the ferry to Skye for stunning landscapes, Munros, and a Michelin-star restaurant
- Aberdeen – and enjoy 20% off Northlink ferry services to Orkney and Shetland
- Fort William – for mountain biking, skiing, hillwalking, and other high-octane adventure sports
- Oban – seafood capital of Scotland and the gateway to the west coast islands, including the short hop to Mull
- Glasgow – Scotland’s biggest city, for arts, culture, and shopping
You can buy the Highland Rover from:
- The ticket office at any staffed station
- By phone on 0344 811 0141
- Or complete our call-back form online
Travelling from outside the UK? Buy online from BritRail here
You get four days of unlimited travel over eight consecutive days.
- Travel with ScotRail free on the following routes:
- Glasgow - Oban/Fort William/Mallaig
- Inverness - Kyle of Lochalsh
- Inverness - Wick/Thurso
- Inverness - Aberdeen
- Inverness - Aviemore
- Get a 10% discount on standard fares with the Strathspey Steam Railway
- Get 10% off Keith & Dufftown Railway standard fares
- Travel free with Caledonian MacBrayne between:
- Oban - Mull
- Mallaig - Skye
- Travel between Gourock and Dunoon with Argyll Ferries
- Get 20% off these Northlink Ferries journeys when Seated Standard tickets are purchased on the day of travel:
- Scrabster - Stromness
- Aberdeen - Lerwick
- Aberdeen - Kirkwall - Lerwick
- Travel with Scottish Citylink and West Coast Motors between Oban/Fort William - Inverness*
- Travel with Stagecoach in the Highlands between Thurso - Scrabster
*Book your Scottish Citylink journey in advance on 0871 266 3333 (24 hours)
Calls cost 12p/minute from BT landlines plus network extras. Charges from other providers or mobiles may vary.
Anytime over the weekend and Monday to Friday, except on services arriving into Aberdeen and Inverness before 09:00.
No, there's no need to book in advance.
No, not at all.
No, Travelpasses are flexible so you don't need a reservation.
16-25, Senior and Disabled Persons Railcard holders can get a discount on full-priced travel passes.
Yes, there's a 50% discount for children aged 5-15 and under 5's travel free.
No, you can't upgrade to First Class on any of our travel passes.
Yes, you can get a refund, subject to a £10 administration fee, for each unused ticket given back to us before the date of travel.
Yes, you have unlimited travel, but you can't change the travel validity period of travel passes.
Yes, you have the freedom to break up your journey as long as your travel pass is still valid.