Flexible travel for changing times.
A Flexipass lets you make 10 journeys on the same route within one month. Travel anytime and save money compared to buying single or return tickets. Great if you travel regularly on the same route for work, study or fun.
- Typically save 10% or more compared to the cost of a single ticket
- Available on over 1,350 journeys across 28 ScotRail routes
- Use it any day, Monday to Sunday, at any time
- No need to buy a ticket every time you travel
- Load your ticket to a Smartcard
Exclusive to Smartcard
Flexipass tickets are only available on Smartcard. Flexi journeys are stored securely on your card, and if you lose your Smartcard, we’ll send you a free replacement with any unused journeys already loaded onto it. Travelling with Flexipass on Smartcard is simple – just tap in and out at the start and end of your journey, and used tickets are automatically removed from your card.
Applying for Smartcard is quick and easy – it only takes a few minutes and you’ll have your free Smartcard in five working days. Sign up here. Then you’re ready to buy and load your Flexipass.
What you need to know
- You need to tap in and tap out every journey
- You can’t make changes to, or get a refund for this ticket
- You can’t use a Railcard or get child discounts
- Flexipass tickets are valid on all ScotRail, CrossCountry and TransPennine Express services within Scotland
How to buy your ticket
- At any ScotRail ticket office
- At a ScotRail ticket vending machine
- On the ScotRail App
- By phone - call 0344 811 0141
Flexipass tickets can be used on ScotRail, CrossCountry and TransPennine Express services.
Buy in advance or on day of travel
A Flexipass normally starts on the date you select when you buy your ticket. But it can start from a future date if you prefer.
Same journey travel
Flexipass lets you travel in either direction on a route of your choice. You cannot join or depart at intermediate stations, unless your route involves a change of train at that point.
Edinburgh to Glasgow Flexipass
You can buy a 10 or a 50 journey Flexipass for travel between Edinburgh and Glasgow. You can also buy a First Class Flexipass ticket for this route, subject to availability. 50-journey Flexipasses are available from ScotRail booking offices, on paper only.
Loading Flexipass tickets to your Smartcard
Adding Flexipass tickets to your Smartcard is easy, whether you’re planning ahead or buying on the go. If you’re buying from the booking office or ticket vending machine, your Flexipass will be loaded instantly to your card. If you’re buying online via our website or app, then you’ll need to allow four hours before loading your ticket at the station. Find out more about how Smartcard works here.
Checking how many journeys you have left
Or if you bought your Flexipass online or using the ScotRail app, you can check how many journeys you have left by following the steps below:
- Log in to your My ScotRail account to access your dashboard
- Click the 'view details' button next to your Smartcard number
- Scroll down to view information about the tickets left on this card
Your My ScotRail account is updated every few hours so may not always show the most recent journey.
Tapping in and out
You need to tap in and tap out at a ticket gate or platform validator at the start and end of every journey. This activates each single Flexi ticket. If you haven’t activated a Flexi journey before you board, our staff will ask you to buy a valid alternative ticket for your journey, which you’ll need to use to exit the station at the end of your journey. Tapping in and out each time you travel also means you won't lose any journeys you shouldn't, and that you travel seamlessly through gates.
Changes and refunds
Tickets aren’t transferable and you won’t get a refund for a 10-journey ticket if you don’t use all your journeys before your ticket expires.