Enjoy great savings and benefits when you buy a Season Ticket.
Please note: As part of our COVID-19 response, we have changed our refund policy, making all tickets refundable. Please visit our Refunds page for guidance and instructions.
If you travel on the same route regularly you can enjoy unlimited travel on your chosen route, whether that’s for a week, a month or up to a full year.
Never queue to buy a ticket, and save money compared to buying Anytime single and return tickets. Plus, for even more convenience and added security you can add your Season Ticket to your Smartcard.
- Enjoy 52 weeks of travel for the price of just 40 weeks – when buying an annual Season Ticket
- Travel at any time with no restrictions, seven days a week
- Break your journey – valid for travel to intermediate stations on your route
- Convenience – no need to buy a ticket each time you travel
- Easy to buy – online, with the app, at a ticket office or from a ticket vending machine. You can buy a weekly Season Ticket on the train
- If your Season Ticket is on a Smartcard and you lose your card, your ticket will be cancelled and safely and securely transferred on to a new one
- Add a 'Kid for a Quid' when a child travels with you
What you need to know
- There’s a £10 admin fee if you want a refund. You must have a sufficient period of validity left on your ticket to claim a refund
- You’ll need a photocard (available from staffed stations) or a photo Smartcard (available online)
- Paper Season Tickets are valid on all operators’ services, Smartcard Season Tickets are valid on ScotRail and LNER services
How to buy a ticket
- At any ScotRail ticket office
- On the train if you want a weekly ticket
- At a ScotRail ticket vending machine
You can buy a Season Ticket that’s valid for one week, one month or one year. Or set your own dates for any period between one month and one year.
Savings on regular travel
A weekly Season Ticket can save you over 20% off the cost of five standard day return tickets. Plus, you can use your Season Ticket as many times as you like each day, including at weekends. The savings are even bigger with an annual ticket.
|Route||5x Standard Day Returns||Weekly Season Ticket||Saving £||Saving %|
|East Kilbride - Glasgow Central||£34.00||£25.40||£8.60||25%|
|Wemyss Bay - Glasgow Central||£64.00||£49.50||£14.50||23%|
|Helensburgh Central - Glasgow Central||£54.50||£40.70||£13.80||25%|
|Neilston - Glasgow Central||£34.00||£25.40||£8.60||25%|
|Kirkcaldy - Edinburgh Waverley||£76.50||£59.30||£17.20||22%|
|North Berwick - Edinburgh Waverley||£61.00||£46.50||£14.50||24%|
You can buy a Season Ticket for ScotRail services between any two stations in Scotland.
Buying your ticket
Buy in advance or on your first day of travel. If you’re buying a Smartcard Season Ticket online, buy at least four hours before you travel. Ticket vending machine purchases are limited to tickets costing up to £500.
Paper Season Tickets
To buy a paper Season Ticket you need a photocard. This is free from ScotRail booking offices and travel centres. You’ll need to supply a passport-size photo.
Smartcard Season Tickets
Smartcards are free too. You’ll need to supply a photo when you apply – take it with your smartphone. Then you simply load your Season Ticket to the card every time you buy a new one. Photo Smartcards can also hold singles, returns and Flexipass tickets.
First Class upgrade
Smartcard Season Ticket holders can upgrade to First Class for £5 when they travel off-peak – just pay on board.
Railcard and child discounts
50% discount for 16-18 year olds with a Young Scot National Entitlement Card, and for children aged 5 to 15 when you buy at a ScotRail ticket office. Highland Railcard discounts are also available at ticket offices and when you buy on the ScotRail website.
A Season Ticket for the train, buses and SPT Subway in the Strathclyde area.
It gives you unlimited travel, and also works on most buses and some ferries. You can use your ZoneCard wherever you see the ZoneCard logo.
Find out more and buy a ZoneCard on the SPT website.