Timetable - trains from Dundee to Edinburgh
Train tickets, times and fares.
Scotland’s capital is a UNESCO World Heritage Site with an exciting mix history, outstanding architecture, festivals, food and fun.
Stepping off the train at Edinburgh puts you right in the heart of the action. Emerging from Waverley Station, in the shadow of the Castle, you have the whole city at your feet.
|Direct trains available?||Yes|
|Trains per day||35|
Next trains from Dundee to Edinburgh
|09:07||London Kings Cross||1||On time|
Live departures for direct trains leaving in the next two hours.
|3 days in advance||£11.00|
|1 month in advance||£7.30|
|3 months in advance||£5.00|
First and last trains
* Sleeper service. Last ScotRail train at 22.16 and CrossCountry at 22:45.
These are the usual first and last train times on this route from Monday to Friday. Times may vary at weekends and public holidays. Check exact train times when you plan your journey and book tickets online.
Off-Peak from 09:16 Mon-Fri and all day Sat-Sun.
Best fare finder
Get a five-day view of the cheapest fares found on your route by other ScotRail customers.
How to find the best fare
- Enter your travel dates/times, add any Railcards and click 'Submit' to view ticket options
- You'll see the 'More great fares' box if cheaper tickets might be available within +/- 3 days. Click to see the 5-day view
- Check one to see when that fare was last available and the exact departure times
- Pick your preferred journey to see the current best available price
- Click 'Next' to book or go 'Back to timetable view'