We’re building the best railway Scotland’s ever had - to bring you more seats, faster journeys, and better services.
Work is ongoing to electrify the routes to Stirling, Alloa and Dunblane as part of the Scottish Government’s rolling programme of rail electrification. The next stage of this is the line between Stirling and Alloa, which will be closed from Saturday, 17 March to Sunday, 15 April.
Why will there be no trains during the work?
Engineers will be installing masts and overhead power lines for electric trains. It’s not possible for us to run any trains while this work is underway.
How will I be able to travel to/from Alloa?
All services between Glasgow/Edinburgh and Alloa will start and terminate at Stirling. Replacement buses to/from Alloa will connect with these services.
Please leave extra time for travel, and plan your journey in advance.
Will there be changes to trains?
With the exception of the trains below, all trains to and from Stirling will run at their usual times.
- Services between Alloa and Glasgow/Edinburgh will only run between Stirling and Glasgow/Edinburgh.
- Buses will run in place of trains between Alloa and Stirling.
There will be also changes to the following services, Monday to Saturday:
- The 0650 and 0849 Glasgow Queen Street to Dunblane services will only run as far as Stirling.
- Customers for Bridge of Allan and Dunblane can catch the 0710 or 0908 Glasgow Queen Street to Inverness services, which depart Stirling at 0736 and 0935.
- These will make an additional stop at Bridge of Allan.
- The 0813 Dunblane to Glasgow Queen Street will depart at the earlier time of 0806, and will not call at Bridge of Allan.
Will accessible transport be provided?
Yes - if you have have booked assisted travel, we will provide an accessible replacement coach or an accessible taxi. If you require assistance, but haven't booked assisted travel, please make yourself known to a member of staff and we will arrange this for you. You can also get in touch with us using a platform help point.