Free travel for 42-year-olds
They say life begins at 40. Well we beg to differ. For all you lucky 42-year-olds, this weekend, we’re treating you.
To celebrate the launch of our 42-minute journey on the Express trains between Edinburgh and Glasgow via Falkirk High, all 42-year-olds can travel free on this route on Saturday 1 and Sunday 2 June 2019.
Simply turn up and show your ID to enjoy the journey.
What about the kids?
You can even take your wee ones along with you for just one pound. With our Kids for a Quid ticket, up to four children aged 5-15 years old (under 5s go free) travel for £1 each.
Can I upgrade?
This free offer is valid for Standard Class travel. But if you fancy a bit more comfort and legroom, you can pay to upgrade to First Class on board, subject to availability.
Terms & Conditions
- Only available on Edinburgh - Glasgow via Falkirk High route and passengers can board or alight at intermediate stations.
- A valid ticket would be required for any trip made on a connecting service (ie a Glasgow - Alloa service connecting Bishopbriggs or Lenzie to Croy).
- This offer is valid for travel at any time of day on Saturday 1 June 2019 and/or Sunday 2 June 2019 on the specified route. There is no limit to how often an eligible passenger travels on this route during this time.
- No ticket will be issued. Passengers should provide ID as proof of age.
- Eligible date of birth for free travel is between 2 June 1976 and 1 June 1977.
- Valid forms of ID are passports or driving license.
- Free travel is valid in Standard Class only.
- Passengers can choose to upgrade to First Class for usual onboard upgrade costs, subject to availability.
- Kids for a Quid terms & conditions apply.
- Reservations are not available.
- No refunds will be offered.
- Travel is subject to National Rail Conditions of Travel.