Kids Go Free
Kickstart your Easter holidays in style with a very special offer.
For one weekend only, kids go free on ScotRail services on Saturday 2 and Sunday 3 April, 2022.
Round up your friends and family and take to the rails for a brilliant day out. The railway is yours to use and is always waiting to whisk you away for some quality time with those you love. And for this special weekend, we invite you to make fun-filled memories for less.
Each paying adult can take up to four children aged 5 to 15 with them for free when they show a Kids Go Free voucher. Download yours below.
Why choose the train?
For children, trains are a source of great excitement - whether it be seeing them, riding them or getting a toot-toot from a train driver. But as well as providing enjoyment, travelling by train, instead of taking the car, is a much better choice for the environment. Did you know that 75% of ScotRail journeys are made on electric trains and that train travel accounts for only 1% of Scotland’s overall transport carbon emissions?
Here are more reasons on why taking the train is perfect for a family day out.
Don't miss out!
Make sure you're always first to hear about offers like this by signing up to our newsletter.
- By downloading the voucher, you will be deemed to have read and accepted the Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them.
- This voucher is valid for travel on Saturday 2 April and Sunday 3 April 2022, inclusive. Outward and return travel must be completed on these dates.
- The fare-paying adult (aged over 15) must hold a valid ticket for the appropriate journey and must be able to present the Kids Go Free voucher, either as a printed copy or on mobile. One voucher covers up to four children aged between 5 and 15 and is valid for single and return journeys. The voucher can be used multiple times when accompanied by the fare-paying adult.
- When you’re in a station, please head for the wide aisle ticket gates so you can pass through the barriers together.
- This offer is valid on all Standard Class ticket types and can be used in conjunction with railcards, child and concessionary discounts including Club 50 Off-Peak discount and Club 50 Flat Fare.
- This offer cannot be used with First Class tickets or First Class upgrades.
- The standard terms and conditions of the ticket purchased will apply.
- The free journey must be like for like with the ticket purchased for the fare-paying adult.
- This voucher can be used with valid paper tickets, mTickets and Smartcard tickets.
- Available for travel on ScotRail services only.
- Customers must buy adult tickets before boarding the train from any ScotRail booking office, ticket vending machine, our website or the ScotRail app.
- If travelling as a companion of a ticketholder with a seat reservation, passengers are not guaranteed to be seated together.
- Refund conditions for the ticket type purchased will apply.
- ScotRail’s full terms and conditions can be found here.