We’re sharing £1 million with eligible Smartcard Season Ticket holders.
It’s a thanks from Transport Scotland and the ScotRail Alliance while we build the best railway Scotland’s ever had.
The claim period for eligible customers was open from 26 March - 30 June 2018.
To qualify you had to have a ScotRail Smart Season Ticket valid for travel on Wednesday 21 March 2018, loaded onto a ScotRail Adult Smartcard or Club 50 card.
Eligible Smartcard Season Ticket holders could claim an equal share of £1 million, worth £89.
How to claim
The claim period is now closed. It ran from 26 March - 30 June 2018.
- Buy another ticket online from scotrail.co.uk between 22 March and 30 June 2018. This can be a Season Ticket, Flexipass, single or return
- Note the 10-digit booking reference number – you’ll find this in your confirmation email
- Claim your share from 26 March to 30 June 2018 via your My ScotRail account. We’ll credit the money to the credit or debit card you used to buy your follow-up ticket
£1 million giveaway terms and conditions
- Eligibility: to share in our £1 million giveaway (the promotion) you must:
1) Have an active ScotRail Season Ticket on a ScotRail Adult photo Smartcard or Club 50 card, valid for travel on 21 March 2018; and
2) Make a follow-up purchase from our website and submit an online claim by 30 June 2018 as described below
- New applications for Smartcards
Please note that a minimum of 5 working days is required to process a new application for a ScotRail Smartcard. ScotRail accepts no responsibility for applications which are not successfully completed before 21 March 2018. New applicants are advised to apply as soon as possible for a Smartcard to ensure their eligibility to participate in the promotion
- Follow-up purchase: to claim the reward, you need to buy another train ticket online from www.scotrail.co.uk between 22 March and 30 June 2018
- Claim process: the claim period runs from 00:00 on Monday 26 March to 23:59 on Saturday 30 June 2018. Log into your My ScotRail account and submit the online claim form with the 10-digit numerical booking reference number from your follow-up purchase by no later than 23:59 on Saturday 30 June 2018
- Your reward will be credited to the payment card you used to buy your follow-up train ticket. We will endeavour to make payments within 14 days of submitting your claim
- The reward value is calculated as £1 million divided by the number of eligible Smart Season Ticket holders on 21 March 2018. Each eligible Smart Season Ticket holder will be entitled to claim an equal share of the £1 million giveaway fund
- The reward is non-transferable
- ScotRail accepts no responsibility for entries or purchases not successfully completed for any reason
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award a prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions
- ScotRail reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so
- The decision of ScotRail regarding any aspect of the promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it
- The promotion is not open to ScotRail staff, their families or any third party directly associated with the promotion
- Each participant may only submit one claim
- Participants must be UK residents aged 16 or over
- The promotion will be governed by Scots law and entrants to the promotion submit to the jurisdiction of the Scottish courts