Save when you travel on the same route at least three times a week.
A Flexipass lets you make 10 journeys on the same route within one month, or 50 journeys over a year. Travel anytime and save money compared to buying single or return tickets. Great if you work part-time or from home some days, or need to make a regular journey in just one direction?
- Save 10% or more compared to the cost of a single ticket
- Available on over 1,350 journeys across 28 ScotRail routes[CT1]
- Use it any day, Monday to Sunday, at any time
- No need to buy a ticket every time you travel
- Load your ticket to a Smartcard
What you need to know
- Flexipass tickets are valid on all rail operators' services
- You can’t use a Railcard or get child discounts
- If you’re using a paper Flexipass ticket you have to fill in the date of travel in ink before you board
- If you have a Smart Flexipass you need to tap in and tap out every journey
- You can’t make changes to, or get a refund for, this ticket
How to buy your ticket
- At any ScotRail ticket office
- By phone - call 0344 811 0141
- On the ScotRail mobile app
Smartcard tickets can be used on ScotRail, Cross Country and Trans Pennine services. Paper Flexipass tickets can be used on all rail operators’ services.
Buy in advance or on day of travel
A Flexipass normally starts on the date you select when you buy your ticket . But it can start from a future date if you prefer. If you plan to load a Flexipass to your Smartcard, leave at least four hours between buying your ticket and loading it.
Same journey travel
Flexipass lets you travel in either direction on a route of your choice. If you break your journey at an intermediate station on your route you’ll be considered to have used one of your allocated journeys, unless your route involves a change of train at that point.
Edinburgh to Glasgow Flexipass
You can buy a 10 or a 50 journey Flexipass for travel between Edinburgh and Glasgow. You can also buy a First Class Flexipass ticket for this route, subject to availability.
If you don’t use all 10 journeys within one month, any unused ones will expire and can’t be refunded.
If you have a 50 journey Edinburgh/Glasgow Flexipass, the value of any unexpired journeys can be credited to a new 50 journey Flexipass.
Checking how many journeys you have left
If your Flexipass ticket is loaded to your Smartcard, you can find information about your ticket when you log in to your My ScotRail account, or you can ask a member of ScotRail staff to check it.
Changes and refunds
Tickets aren’t transferable and you won’t get a refund for a 10 journey ticket if you don’t use all your journeys before your ticket expires.