ScotRail in the Community
Our services are more than just a way of getting from A to B - they're a way to engage and work with local communities.
We want to encourage and reward people who work with us and make sure as many people as possible benefit from our stations and the services we provide.
ScotRail in the Community is our new initiative to develop opportunities for the local community, in keeping with our successful station adoption schemes.
Our aim is to make the railway an engine of social and economic regeneration.
Over the coming months we will:
- Establish Community Ambassador teams made up of both ScotRail employees and volunteers – these teams will take groups on outings to build confidence and increase social inclusion
- Launch the ScotRail Deal where volunteers and partners get clear benefits from us in return for their time
- Encourage staff to volunteer in communities by developing a programme, as part of our Scottish Business in the Community membership
- Work with the newly formed and prospective Community Rail Partnerships and Regional Transport led initiatives to help them flourish
- Build on the ScotRail Station Adoption Scheme which is already in place, helping to train volunteers and support them in gaining vocational qualifications
- Support the Station Communities Regeneration Fund for improvements to stations, enabling small or community interest companies to use empty station space
- Provide funds for communities to host cultural events and to improve biodiversity at stations
- Develop a programme to reach out to schools and enable them to use the railway as a travelling classroom
- Work with local developers and planners to connect new developments to rail and encourage investment
For more information please get in touch.