ScotRail issues travel advice to customers heading to the Edinburgh Marathon
The ScotRail Alliance today confirmed that extra services will be provided for Edinburgh spectators and runners on Sunday 28 May.
The extra trains are due to run between Edinburgh and Prestonpans from early afternoon onwards. All trains will serve Wallyford and Musselburgh stations, near to the finishing line.
ScotRail also advise that, due to platform extension works, a small number of services will start or terminate at Haymarket, rather than Edinburgh Waverley.
A ScotRail Alliance spokesperson said: “Please allow extra time for travel, and buy your ticket in advance, not on the day. The last trains of the day are likely to be busy, so please aim for an earlier service to avoid disappointment.”
The following trains start at Haymarket instead of Waverley:
- 0934 Edinburgh to Dunblane (departs Haymarket at 0935)
- 1106 Edinburgh to Stirling (departs Haymarket at 1107)
- 1506 Edinburgh to Stirling (departs Haymarket at 1508)
- 1636 Edinburgh to Dunblane (departs Haymarket at 1640)
- 1735 Edinburgh to Dunblane (departs Haymarket at 1736)
Customers wishing to travel on these services may take any train from Edinburgh Waverley to connect with their service at Haymarket.
The following trains terminate at Haymarket instead of Waverley:
- 1346 Stirling to Edinburgh (arrives Haymarket at 1437)
- 1415 Glenrothes to Edinburgh (arrives Haymarket at 1513)
- 1601 Dunblane to Edinburgh (arrives Haymarket at 1704)
Connections are available every few minutes from Haymarket to Edinburgh Waverley.