Get Smart and feel the Benefits
ScotRail Alliance Smartcard season ticket users rewarded for their loyalty with launch of a benefits package featuring leading brand partners
Exciting time for Smart ticketing as new products being introduced in 2017
Luxury, 5* holiday to Dubai up for grabs for one lucky smartcard user in partnership with Barrhead Travel
Smartcard users can now get more value from their rail travel as the ScotRail Alliance announces a benefits package for smart season ticket customers to reward them for their loyalty.
With the support of leading brand partners, users with a valid Smartcard who’ve registered through their MyScotRail account, can claim rewards from coffee and travel discounts to car hire and clothing.
ScotRail Alliance Commercial Director Cathy Craig announced the benefits package at Barrhead Travel’s flagship superstore in Oswald Street, Glasgow, when Sharon Munro, Chief Executive of the independent travel group also confirmed that one lucky Smartcard winner would be jetting off on a luxury 5* holiday to Dubai as part of the launch.
Mrs Craig said: “Smartcard Benefits is great news for our loyal season ticket holders who travel by Smartcard. It should also be an incentive for more of our customers to convert to Smartcard to access the value-for-money benefits and great offers that are available only on Smart.
“I thank all our brand partners for their support and participation in this scheme and particularly Barrhead Travel who are partnering with us to provide this wonderful holiday prize which is open to all our Smartcard users.”
Competition entry details can be found here.
Sharon Munro of Barrhead Travel said: “Barrhead Travel is thrilled to be a key partner for ScotRail’s new Smartcard Benefits and we hope rail users across the country take advantage of their unique programme.
“We look forward to working closely with ScotRail over the coming year and to welcoming Smartcard customers into our network of branches”.
Smart ticketing technology is available through all of Scotland’s rail network with every route enabled for season tickets. Other products coming on-stream in 2017, including the popular Flexi-pass and Anytime Off-Peak ticket types.
Tickets for other travel providers – such as Glasgow Subway – can also be uploaded onto Smartcards, with bus companies and ferry operators scheduled to start providing integrated travel options this year.
How Smartcard season ticket holders can claim their benefits:
- Log into your MyScotRail account.
- Click the 'view details' button next to your Smartcard. If you have more than one Smartcard, choose the one with your season ticket on it
- Scroll down to the 'Tickets on this card' section and click on the 'Smart rewards' banner to see all current offers.
Smartcard Benefits partners:
- Barrhead Travel
- Caffé Nero
- DFDS Seaways
- Hard Rock Café
- Naked Wines
- National Trust Scotland
- New Look
- Sunglass Hut
- Virgin Media
Entry to the competition to win this holiday is open to all users of Smartcards with a viable product entered on their card.
(Full terms and conditions can be found at www.scotrail.co.uk/Dubai)
- The prize is a seven night holiday to Dubai for two people sharing accommodation and includes return economy flights with Emirates from Glasgow and a seven night stay in a 5* hotel
- To enter you must have an active ScotRail Smartcard, and load a ScotRail ticket onto your Smartcard by 23:59 on Friday 31 March 2017
- Entries close at 23:59 on Friday 31 March 2017
- Hotel details will be released to the winner on acceptance of prize
- The prize is only redeemable between 1 and 18 June 2017 and is non-reroutable, non-transferable and holds no cash value
- Both passengers must be travelling together and will be required to take the flights and accommodation at the same time.