ScotRail is launching a fantastic half-price ticket sale on all off-peak train fares, with millions of tickets available giving people across the country an opportunity to explore Scotland by rail for less.
Customers can buy their discounted tickets between Thursday, 26 January and Thursday, 2 February 2023 inclusive, with travel valid between 26 January and 28 February 2023 inclusive.
This ticket offer is the latest ‘Yours to Use’ initiative from the train operator, and is designed to encourage more people to choose the train over the car for a winter journey.
The half-price tickets can be purchased in the following ways, quoting the promo code SALE23:
- Online at scotrail.co.uk/sale .
- Via the ScotRail app (enter promo code SALE23 in the railcards/promotions field).
- From ScotRail ticket offices.
- On a ScotRail train – where no ticket office facilities are available.
Available on all off-peak tickets on ScotRail services, there are massive savings to be had on train trips across the country. Valid for return travel within a month, off-peak return tickets are ideal for those planning a winter getaway, while an off-peak day return is just the ticket for a fun day out.
There is no limit on the number of half-price tickets available, and the offer is valid on travel seven days a week.
Plus, ScotRail’s Kids for a Quid can be used in conjunction with this offer, which means up to four children can travel, for £1 return each, with each adult.
Transport Minister Jenny Gilruth MSP said:
“This ticket offer is just one of the ways in which the Scottish Government is ensuring a publicly owned and operated ScotRail can deliver real benefits and savings for passengers.
“We need more people to return to Scotland’s trains and I would encourage anyone thinking about travelling by rail to take up this opportunity for half price travel.”
Lesley Kane, ScotRail Commercial Director, said:
“This fantastic offer will mean more people can get out and enjoy Scotland for less this winter, and is a reminder that Scotland’s Railway is ‘Yours to Use’.
“Travelling by train is such a great way to experience Scotland, and we hope everyone takes advantage while they can make such a huge saving.”
Half-Price Sale – January 2023 - Terms and Conditions:
- 50% off Off-Peak tickets on ScotRail services in Scotland, purchased between 26 January and 2 February 2023 inclusive.
- Travel is valid, 7 days a week, between 26 January and 28 February 2023 inclusive.
- Available for travel on ScotRail services only.
- The half-price tickets can be purchased in the following ways, quoting the promo code SALE23
- Online at scotrail.co.uk/sale
- Via the ScotRail app (enter promo code SALE23 in the railcards/promotions field)
- Booking Offices in Scotland.
- On-board a ScotRail train (where no booking office facilities are available).
- With an Off-Peak Day Return ticket, both the outward and return journeys must be made on the same day.
- With an Off-Peak Return ticket, return travel is valid for up to one month from the date of outward travel. All return travel must be completed by 27 March 2023.
- Available on all First and Standard Class Off-Peak tickets. This includes Off-Peak Day Return, Off-Peak Open Return, Super Off-Peak Day Return, Off-Peak Single, Highland Explorer Off-Peak and First Class Off-Peak. Please note, not all of these tickets are available on all routes.
- Kids for a Quid can be used in conjunction with this offer. Up to 4 children can travel, for £1 return each, with each adult.
- Child discounts are allowed. However, this offer cannot be used in conjunction with Railcards and concessionary discounts including the Club 50 Off-Peak discount.
- This offer cannot be used with Club 50 Flat Fare.
- Customers can purchase onboard upgrades to First Class.
- Reservations are not essential but are recommended on longer distance journeys where available.
- Refund conditions for the ticket type purchased will apply. Changes to travel plans are not permitted.