Travel advice for major events
There's plenty to look forward to year-round in Scotland.
Here we'll pick out some of the very top events currently on the horizon, with tips on reaching them by train.
Our top tips for travelling to events:
- Buy your ticket before you board. You’ll need a valid ticket for travel, and checks will be in place at many stations
- Check your train times. Remember to leave time to catch any connecting services that you need
- Listen up! We’ll have extra staff on the ground to help things go smoothly. To help them help you, please listen to their instructions
- Download the ScotRail app. You can use it to buy tickets, check train times, and see live service information
- Don’t leave it too late. Services will be busy, and you might not be able to board your first choice of train
Girl Power takes over the BT Murrayfield stadium on Saturday 8 June 2019 as the hotly anticipated Spice Girls UK Tour, Spice World, rolls in to the capital city.
We're looking forward to playing our part and helping you Spice Up Your Life.
We'll be adding extra carriages to as many trains as possible to and from Haymarket to help the event run smoothly.
Haymarket station is the closest to BT Murrayfield - the best way to get to the stadium is by taking in some Oxygen on a 15 minute Walk of Life, or a short bus/tram ride.
If you Wannabe on time, allow extra time for travel as trains will be busy.
If You Wanna Have Some Fun, buy your tickets in advance, there's no Denying it will make your journey run smoothly.
The last trains of the night will depart Haymarket soon after the end of the gig. Say You'll Be There, and Let Love Lead The Way back to the station promptly when the show ends to avoid disappointment.
As these trains will be the last departures of the evening, no connections are guaranteed.
We'll have a Bumper to Bumper queuing system at Haymarket and there will be extra staff on hand to assist. If you hear them Holler, please Stop, listen up and follow their instructions - they're there to help.