Travel advice for major events
There's plenty to look forward to year-round in Scotland.
Here we'll pick out some of the very top events currently on the horizon, with tips on reaching them by train.
Our top tips for travelling to events:
- Buy your ticket before you board. You’ll need a valid ticket for travel, and checks will be in place at many stations.
- Check your train times. Remember to leave time to catch any connecting services that you need.
- Listen up! We’ll have extra staff on the ground to help things go smoothly. To help them help you, please listen to their instructions.
- Download the ScotRail app. You can use it to buy tickets, check train times, and see live service information.
- Don’t leave it too late – services will be busy, and you might not be able to board your first choice of train.
World Badminton Championships, Emirates Arena, 21 - 27 August
The nearest station is Dalmarnock, a 10 minute walk from the arena.
Travelling on Sunday 27 August? Due to improvement works taking place, the nearest rail service will be at Bellgrove – a 25 minute walk from the Emirates Arena. Local buses also serve the surrounding area.