Upcoming sports events
Sports fans have a lot to look forward to year-round in Scotland.
Here we'll pick out some of the very top events currently on the horizon, with tips on reaching them by train.
Our top tips for travelling to events:
- Buy your ticket before you board. You’ll need a valid ticket for travel, and checks will be in place at many stations.
- Check your train times. Remember to leave time to catch any connecting services that you need.
- Listen up! We’ll have extra staff on the ground to help things go smoothly. To help them help you, please listen to their instructions.
- Download the ScotRail app. You can use it to buy tickets, check train times, and see live service information.
- Don’t leave it too late – services will be busy, and you might not be able to board your first choice of train.
Dalmarnock: for Glasgow Central, Westbound Motherwell and Lanark
Bellgrove: Glasgow Queen Street, Airdrie, Cumbernauld and Edinburgh
To help everyone get where they want to be, we’ll have two queues in place at Dalmarnock station after the game.
If you’re heading in to the city centre, please join the queue on Swanston Street. If you’re going towards Motherwell or Lanark, you’ll need to use the queue at the front of the station.
- Rangers fans - Mount Florida
- Celtic fans - Kings Park
Rangers take on the holders, Celtic, in the Betfred League Cup Final at Hampden Park on Sunday, 8 December at 3pm, and we’ll be doing all we can to help you travel to the match to cheer on your side.
We'll be adding more seats to trains between Glasgow Central and Mount Florida / Kings Park, he closest stations to Hampden Park.
Celtic fans travelling to the match advised to travel on services to Kings Park, while Rangers supporters will be directed to Mount Florida.
Please allow additional time for travel, as queuing systems will be in place at Glasgow Central prior to kick off, and at Mount Florida and Kings Park after the final whistle.
Separate queues will be in place at Glasgow Central, we will have extra staff on hand to direct you.
As with most large scale events, alcohol bans will be in place.