Upcoming sports events
Sports fans have a lot to look forward to year-round in Scotland.
Here we'll pick out some of the very top events currently on the horizon, with tips on reaching them by train.
Our top tips for travelling to events:
- Buy your ticket before you board. You’ll need a valid ticket for travel, and checks will be in place at many stations.
- Check your train times. Remember to leave time to catch any connecting services that you need.
- Listen up! We’ll have extra staff on the ground to help things go smoothly. To help them help you, please listen to their instructions.
- Download the ScotRail app. You can use it to buy tickets, check train times, and see live service information.
- Don’t leave it too late – services will be busy, and you might not be able to board your first choice of train.
We’re looking forward to helping customers travel to Ayr Racecourse this weekend for the Gold Cup.
For the main event on Saturday 23 September, we’ll be adding extra carriages to timetabled services between Glasgow Central and Ayr, however, trains are expected to be much busier than normal.
Queuing systems will be in place at Ayr station after the event and customers should be prepared to queue at Glasgow Central beforehand too.
To help ensure you arrive at the event on time, please allow extra time for travel and purchase tickets in advance.
Tickets are available at staffed stations, via telesales on 0330 303 0111, our official ScotRail app, or you can buy tickets here.
As with most major events, we’ll have extra staff on the ground to assist customers and alcohol bans will be in place.
Dalmarnock: for Glasgow Central, Westbound Motherwell and Lanark
Bellgrove: Glasgow Queen Street, Airdrie, Cumbernauld and Edinburgh
To help everyone get where they want to be, we’ll have two queues in place at Dalmarnock station after the game.
If you’re heading in to the city centre, please join the queue on Swanston Street. If you’re going towards Motherwell or Lanark, you’ll need to use the queue at the front of the station.