Upcoming sports events
Sports fans have a lot to look forward to year-round in Scotland.
Here we'll pick out some of the very top events currently on the horizon, with tips on reaching them by train.
Our top tips for travelling to events:
- Buy your ticket before you board. You’ll need a valid ticket for travel, and checks will be in place at many stations.
- Check your train times. Remember to leave time to catch any connecting services that you need.
- Listen up! We’ll have extra staff on the ground to help things go smoothly. To help them help you, please listen to their instructions.
- Download the ScotRail app. You can use it to buy tickets, check train times, and see live service information.
- Don’t leave it too late – services will be busy, and you might not be able to board your first choice of train.
Dalmarnock: for Glasgow Central, Westbound Motherwell and Lanark
Bellgrove: Glasgow Queen Street, Airdrie, Cumbernauld and Edinburgh
To help everyone get where they want to be, we’ll have two queues in place at Dalmarnock station after the game.
If you’re heading in to the city centre, please join the queue on Swanston Street. If you’re going towards Motherwell or Lanark, you’ll need to use the queue at the front of the station.
Nearest station: Mount Florida
We're really pleased to help fans travel to Hampden Park on Saturday 8 June to cheer on Scotland in their Euro 2020 qualifier against Cyprus.
We'll be using longer trains between Glasgow and Mount Florida – the closest station to the stadium - but please leave extra time for travel.
Queuing systems will be in place at Mount Florida after the final whistle, so please head back to the station as soon as you can when the game finishes and join the queue on Bolton Drive.
Buying your ticket in advance will reduce your need to queue on the day.
And as with most big events, we'll have extra staff on hand to help you.