Upcoming sports events
Sports fans have a lot to look forward to year-round in Scotland.
Here we'll pick out some of the very top events currently on the horizon, with tips on reaching them by train.
Our top tips for travelling to events:
- Buy your ticket before you board. You’ll need a valid ticket for travel, and checks will be in place at many stations.
- Check your train times. Remember to leave time to catch any connecting services that you need.
- Listen up! We’ll have extra staff on the ground to help things go smoothly. To help them help you, please listen to their instructions.
- Download the ScotRail app. You can use it to buy tickets, check train times, and see live service information.
- Don’t leave it too late – services will be busy, and you might not be able to board your first choice of train.
Dalmarnock: for Glasgow Central, Westbound Motherwell and Lanark
Bellgrove: Glasgow Queen Street, Airdrie, Cumbernauld and Edinburgh
To help everyone get where they want to be, we’ll have two queues in place at Dalmarnock station after the game.
If you’re heading in to the city centre, please join the queue on Swanston Street. If you’re going towards Motherwell or Lanark, you’ll need to use the queue at the front of the station.
We’ll be adding extra carriages to services between Glasgow Central and Gourock before and after the match, however, trains are expected to be busy.
Make sure to check your train times below or on our app and leave plenty of time for travel. Buying tickets in advance will also help reduce your queuing time.
We’re really looking forward to, once again, take fans to the Scottish Grand National at Ayr Racecourse.
We’ll be adding extra carriages to services between Glasgow and Ayr throughout the day on Saturday, however, trains are expected to be very busy.
Make sure to check your train times below or on our app and leave plenty of time for travel as queuing systems will be in place. Buying tickets in advance will help reduce your queuing time.
As with most major events, alcohol bans will be in place on trains to and from Ayr.