Upcoming sports events
Sports fans have a lot to look forward to year-round in Scotland.
Here we'll pick out some of the very top events currently on the horizon, with tips on reaching them by train.
Our top tips for travelling to events:
- Buy your ticket before you board. You’ll need a valid ticket for travel, and checks will be in place at many stations.
- Check your train times. Remember to leave time to catch any connecting services that you need.
- Listen up! We’ll have extra staff on the ground to help things go smoothly. To help them help you, please listen to their instructions.
- Download the ScotRail app. You can use it to buy tickets, check train times, and see live service information.
- Don’t leave it too late – services will be busy, and you might not be able to board your first choice of train.
Dalmarnock: for Glasgow Central, Westbound Motherwell and Lanark
Bellgrove: Glasgow Queen Street, Airdrie, Cumbernauld and Edinburgh
To help everyone get where they want to be, we’ll have two queues in place at Dalmarnock station after the game.
If you’re heading in to the city centre, please join the queue on Swanston Street. If you’re going towards Motherwell or Lanark, you’ll need to use the queue at the front of the station.
We're looking forward to helping you travel to the Ayr Gold Cup Festival on Thursday 20, Friday 21 and Saturday 22 September.
South Ayrshire Council has imposed an exclusion zone at Ayr station, which will have an impact on our services. This is because the former hotel building next to the station has been deemed unsafe. The hotel building isn’t owned or operated by ScotRail.
The station is open and we're doing everything we can to get you there.
Please plan ahead and check your journey. Allow extra time for travel as queuing systems will be in place, and as with most major events, alcohol bans will be in place.