Upcoming sports events
Sports fans have a lot to look forward to year-round in Scotland.
Here we'll pick out some of the very top events currently on the horizon, with tips on reaching them by train.
Our top tips for travelling to events:
- Buy your ticket before you board. You’ll need a valid ticket for travel, and checks will be in place at many stations.
- Check your train times. Remember to leave time to catch any connecting services that you need.
- Listen up! We’ll have extra staff on the ground to help things go smoothly. To help them help you, please listen to their instructions.
- Download the ScotRail app. You can use it to buy tickets, check train times, and see live service information.
- Don’t leave it too late – services will be busy, and you might not be able to board your first choice of train.
Dalmarnock: for Glasgow Central, Westbound Motherwell and Lanark
Bellgrove: Glasgow Queen Street, Airdrie, Cumbernauld and Edinburgh
To help everyone get where they want to be, we’ll have two queues in place at Dalmarnock station after the game.
If you’re heading in to the city centre, please join the queue on Swanston Street. If you’re going towards Motherwell or Lanark, you’ll need to use the queue at the front of the station.
Nearest station: Haymarket
We're really pleased to help fans travel to the BT Murrayfield Stadium on Sunday 28 July to watch Scotland take on Georgia in their final preparations ahead of the Rugby World Cup in Japan.
We'll be using longer trains on key services to and from Edinburgh, but please leave extra time for travel.
Queuing systems may be in place at key stations before the match, and at Haymarket after the final whistle, so please head back to the station as soon as you can when the game finishes and join the queues.
Buying your ticket in advance will reduce your need to queue on the day.
And as with most big events, we'll have extra staff on hand to help you.
Nearest station: Mount Florida
Scotland take on Russia in a key Euro 2020 qualifier at Hampden Park on Friday 6 September, and we're looking forward to helping fans travel to the match.
We'll be adding seats to as many trains as possible to help the event run smoothly, including services to and from:
- East Kilbride
- Mount Florida
- Cathcart Cirlce
Trains will be much busier than normal, so please plan your journey in advance and leave extra time for travel.
Queuing systems will be in place at Glasgow Central before the match, and at Mount Florida after the final whistle. Please head back to the station as soon as possible when the match ends and join the queue on Bolton Drive.
We will have extra staff on hand to direct you. Buying your ticket to Mount Florida will reduce your need to queue.